Complaint Review: Bill Brown Travel Plaza

• Updated: Tue, February 25, 2014

• Reported By: DrZRx — asheville North Carolina
Bill Brown Travel Plaza
696 1st ave North Suite 305 St Petersburg Fl 33701 Internet USA

Bill Brown Travel Plaza, BBTP, BB Travel, BBP Travel, Capitol Marketing Concepts did not honor voucher - unprofessional / lack of customer service St. Petersburg Internet

I purchased a voucher via SweetJack online. The deal was:

$99 for 2 Nights at The Inn at Ellis Square in Savannah.

I followed the instructions below:

1. Register your voucher at http://fetchmyvoucher.com/ and submit requested dates of travel
  2. You will receive a confirmation email upon registration. Within 72 business hours, your manifest will be assigned to a dedicated Travel Agent and their contact information sent to you.
  3. Reservations must be made at least 35 days in advance (no exceptions) and no further out than 180 days.
  4. Travel must be completed by December 1, 2014.

After awhile, I received an email from the Travel Agent Gail Herrera. After another few days, I received an email stating:

"Thank you for your recent voucher purchase, we appreciate your interest.  We are able to offer deals like this to travelers like you by taking advantage of our contractual agreements with hotels and vendors alike. Unfortunately we have recently lost our contract with this supplier and cannot honor your request. In an effort of good faith we would like to offer you the following options in replacement of your travel voucher.  Simply indicate which offer you would like to take advantage of and we will take care of the rest.

Option #1           Caribbean Cruise Line 2 Night Cruise for Two Adults (Retail value up to $600)

Option #2           Receive a Travel Certificate in the amount of your purchase price. Proof of purchase price is required. Travel gift certificate valid for 1 year can be used toward booking of cruises, airfare, hotel, and tour packages. Certificate value must be used in its entirety at time of booking. Travel MUST be booked with our in house travel agency. Certificate is completely transferable, and will be mailed to you. Only good for HOTEL, AIRFARE,  TOUR AND CRUISE FARES. Not applicable for government taxes, vendor imposed surcharges, and port fees.

Option #3            Receive a Prepaid Visa Card in the amount of your purchase price.

Please fax to 727-821-1910 or email to gherrra@bbptravel.com

We apologize for this inconvenience, and will do everything we can to try and resolve this quickly and efficiently... "

I responded that I would like what I purchased - 2 nights in historic district of Savannah, GA for those 2 nights. It's ok if it's another hotel.

She replied (with my wrong name) and ignored my question completely

"Hello Shafiq, The visa card is the only option for refund of money Proof of purchase price is required, along with verifying correct mailing address. Please fax to 727-821-1910 or email to gherrra@bbptravel.com"

After I stated politely that she did not answer my question, I received the following response (with again my name spelled incorrectly)

"Hello Zubilla, No we do not have a contract for that offer.  These are your only options right now."

It may seem petty-  but how can a customer service travel agent - get something wrong such as a name - when it is clearly correctly spelled before you. I can't imagine how else they would mess up any other travel documents.

I am simply asking for the service I paid for - 2 nights in Savannah, GA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 07:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bill-Brown-Travel-Plaza/internet/Bill-Brown-Travel-Plaza-BBTP-BB-Travel-BBP-Travel-Capitol-Marketing-Concepts-did-not-1126327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bill Brown Travel Plaza