Complaint Review: Bill C. Philputt

• Submitted: Fri, April 15, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, April 16, 2011

• Reported By: Lorraine — Williamston Michigan United States of America
Bill C. Philputt
11107 Lamaida st Apt 105 N. Hollywood CA 91601 Hollywood, California United States of America

Bill C. Philputt William Clinton Philputt Never refunded the money for any of the booth spaces at his cancelled convention ,Horror Con, Hollywood, California

*Author of original report: I was wrong with my asumptions!

*Author of original report: HorrorCon

Bill Philputt sold booth space for a convention that he was putting on in Indianapolis called Horror Con. Each space was a couple hundred dollars, and he got lots of people to buy the spaces.
Then he canceled the whole event, the website disappeared, and no one got their refunds for the booth space.
I've been writing to him for about a year now, and he keeps telling lies like "I'll send it out tomorrow," ect. but it never comes, and he keeps scamming other people this same way.

I just hope that before anyone deals with this guy, they can be aware that he's a crook. I sure wish I knew before I sent him my check. He is involved in all kinds of scams from major movie piracy on Ebay to fake talent agencies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2011 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bill-C-Philputt/Hollywood-California-91601/Bill-C-Philputt-William-Clinton-Philputt-Never-refunded-the-money-for-any-of-the-booth-sp-717912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bill C. Philputt

I was wrong with my asumptions!

AUTHOR: Lorraine - (United States of America)

I just managed to get in touch with Bill, and we worked the whole thing out like adults.  He paid me my refund, and I figured out that this whole thing was the result of a mix-up with the convention management.

I would love to remove the report entirely because I was hasty with my words and assumptions about him. I wish I had never called him a "crook" and I feel just awful about it after the mature way he fixed things.  I don't want his name associated with a ripoff report because I let my wild assumptions get the better of me.

I would love it if you could remove the whole report, because it was all just a mix-up, not a rip-off, and I feel just terrible for writing it!

HorrorCon

AUTHOR: Lorraine - (United States of America)

Bill Philputt sold booth space for a convention that he was putting on
in Indianapolis called Horror Con. Each space was a couple hundred
dollars, and he got lots of people to buy the spaces.
Then the event was canceled and no one
got their refunds for the booth space.