Complaint Review: Bill Clark's ATA Black Belt - ASF International

• Submitted: Fri, August 29, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 19, 2008

• Reported By:Herndon Virginia
Bill Clark's ATA Black Belt - ASF International
2771 Monument Rd Ste 39, Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Bill Clark's ATA Black Belt - ASF International Bill Dishonest and Unfair Business Practices Taking advantage of consumers Jacksonville, Florida Jacksonville Florida

*Consumer Comment: Not all ASF schools are bad!

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Never Contacted ASF

My son Niket Anand was initially enrolled in the Tiny Tiger Program of ATA. Within a month, MR Brotherton and Mr Box of Baymeadows Branch of ATA, Jacksonville was trying to convince us to put my son into the Leadership program,

According to their opinion my son was doing great over there. I told them very clearly that my Job is not
permanent here, They told us that it is not a big issue, It will take only $50 to cancel the contract. Even i have not signed any contract with ATA and ASF international. Finally they put my son into Leadership Program without signing me the contract. I have a copy of their said contract, which is not signed by me.
In the middle of June, I moved to Virginia because i lost my Job in Jacksonville. In the end of June, I contacted Mr Box and Mr Brotherton to cancel their said contract, their response was very bad, the same guys who used to talk to us every day, is not ready to talk to us anymore. They are just doing this business to fool the people.

Finally they told me to contact headquarter to cancel the contract. When i contacted the headquarter, they told us to fax the cancelation letter, which i did. They said it will take 15 days to cancel the contract.

After two week when we contacted their headquarter, they were not ready to cancel the contract.ATA is a greedy and unethical company. People should not join these places.

Needless to say anything about this unethical company, I will not do that. I am going to file a complaint with the Florida Better Business Bureau about ATA Black Belt Academy and ASF, and will be filing a complaint with the BBB of Colorado, where ASF is based. I will also contact the Colorado Attorney General's Office to file a complaint about this company. I urge anyone who has been ripped off or harassed by ASF's unethical billing practices to do the same.

Even though my son loved the school and the instructors, I will never put my child in another ATA or ASF
International affiliated school again.

Saket a
Herndon, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2008 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bill-Clarks-ATA-Black-Belt-ASF-International/Jacksonville-Florida-32225/Bill-Clarks-ATA-Black-Belt-ASF-International-Bill-Dishonest-and-Unfair-Business-Prac-368316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bill Clark's ATA Black Belt - ASF International

Not all ASF schools are bad!

AUTHOR: Usakarateri - (U.S.A.)

Although I can't speak for the actions of the ATA or Master Clark's organization, I can speak on behalf of other Non-ATA Martial Arts schools who use ASF for their billing services. I own Abatecola's USA Karate, located in Pawtucket, RI. We are not an ATA affiliated school, but we do employ ASF for our tuition billing services. What people need to know is simple: ASF is just a billing company that works for the school they represent. If ASF takes a hardliner approach, its only because that's the way their client wants it.

I have used ASF for about 6-7 years now and I have rarely had a customer complaint. It is policy for my school not to treat people like a number. If a student wishes to terminate their relationship with my school, they are free to do so without penalty so long as they discuss their reasons with me first. That is my only condition. I have never refused to cancel a contract. The cancellation meeting gives me the opportunity to learn where or what the problem is and attempt to correct it. The only contracts I don't cancel are the rare ones where a client simply "disappears" and doesn't let us know they have left. This policy has helped maintain the extremely positive image and reputation we have in our area.

ASF's customer service staff is excellent. They have never mishandled any of my student's accounts and any errors that are discovered are corrected without question. (They also speak English very well!) They have never refused to do whatever I asked in regards to my student's contracts.

There is a growing wave of people who despise using contracts; most likely due to the actions of schools like those listed on this site. What people need to understand is that a good contract protects both the school and the student. For example a good contract can provide legal help to the student who's school suddenly closes; taking everyone's money in the process.

In closing, just remember this: Not all schools operate the same way. Use a little business sense: Look before you leap. Read before you sign. Keep copies of everything. Don't be afraid to ask questions from anybody (staff, clients, and students) and don't ever feel pushed or obligated into anything!

Train because you want to, not because you have too.

Shihan Tony Abatecola
Master Instructor, 5th Dan
USA Karate Pawtucket
(((ROR redacted)))

Customer Never Contacted ASF

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Mr. Anand never contacted ASF International regarding this issue. Also, we do not handle the cancellation procedures for ATA. They handle all of their own cancellations. In this case, ASF International was powerless to do anything for this customer.

Chris Peterson