Complaint Review: Bill Heard Plant City

• Submitted: Fri, August 12, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 24, 2005

• Reported By:Plant City Florida
Bill Heard Plant City
2002 N Frontage Rd Plant City, Florida U.S.A.

Bill Heard Plant City ripoff Plant City Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Price or Payments?

I went there to get a car for my son. They only talk in payments and we could not get the price of the car we wanted. We went back and forth and finally agreed on a payment and went to finance. Of course the payment went up, but not enough for us to change our mind.

We signed the papers and the next day we were called back in. They had a new contract for is to sign. The first one had the our first payment due on the 21st and the finance guy never told us the date changed. When I received a call from the loan company, they told me the first payment was due on the 6th. That is a far cry from the 21st.

I called the finance officer up and he ignored my call. They overcharged us for the registration also. And the numbers were off on the payoff. I will never deal with that dealer again and I will tell all my friends to stay away.

Nancy
Plant City, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2005 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bill-Heard-Plant-City/Plant-City-Florida-33563/Bill-Heard-Plant-City-ripoff-Plant-City-Florida-153454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bill Heard Plant City

Price or Payments?

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Was it the price or the payments? Few people pay up front in cash for their car. We try to arrive at an agreed to payment plan and then adjust the cost accordingly if there is a deal to be made. Believe it or not, the negotiation process on payments can result in thousands of dollars in savings if the customer shows a real commitment to the deal.

The bottom line is that no one agrees to the purchase before they are presented with a detailed buyers order with all costs and fees spelled out.

We do the best we can to put customers into the cars that they contract for. That sometimes involves submitting their financing to another bank or lending institution if the first company refuses the contract as submitted. This usually happens when the customer doesn't have the best of credit. This may also result in changes in rates and terms.

If charges went up in financing it may have been due to extra programs the customer willingly agreed to after the price of the purchase was agreed to with the salesman.

We estimate registration charges because they may very. These charges are reporded and a refund for the difference in the actual registration fee is sent from the state in a matter of weeks.

The payoff on the financing of your trade-in must be varified by the original lender. If the customer misrepresents this or has to estimate there may be discrepencies. This payoff is always the customers reponsibility.

There is always the option of backing out of the deal and returning the purchase.