Complaint Review: Bill Heard Union City

• Submitted: Thu, December 23, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, December 23, 2004

• Reported By:Sharpsburg Georgia
Bill Heard Union City
4310 Jonesboro Rd Union City, Georgia U.S.A.

Bill Heard Union City ripoff, Terrible, dishonest, scam, rude, inconsistent, Union City Georgia

Major problem with Bill Heard in Union City.
I brought my truck in for bad fuel pump, Informed tech that truck started getting 10.5 miles per gallon it had been getting 15.4mpg.

He said my truck need a complete fuel treatment. I ask what would that do? He said it would fix my fuel MPG that the system cleaning is why my truck is getting bad gas MPG.. I was reluctant to do this because I hand to borrow the money to have the service performed.

I had to pay $367.00 out of pocket for this after having the truck for the next day, I discovered it did not fix my truck.. I brought the truck back and they performed another diagnostic on test on the truck. The service adviser called me and said the truck now has a bad catalytic converter, bad o2 censor, bad spark plugs and wires, and it is also putting out some codes on the computer.

I ask him how did my truck ever leave the shop the first time with all theses things wrong with it? I now believe that the truck did not need the original fuel cleaning service because it did nothing for the truck. This was a expensive scam.

I informed the service advisor that I was contacting channel 5 news, Clark Howard and the BBB. I told the service advisor that they can't claim that a service they offer will correct a problem if it don't. After letting him know that I was not pleased with there scamming tactics, he called me back 2hrs later and said there was a miss-understanding nothing wrong with my truck come pick it up.

Now the story changes again, I was told I have 4 things wrong with my truck,and now because I let them know I feel I have been scammed, there is all of the sudden nothing wrong with my truck.

When I came to pick up the truck I talked with the technician and he said that the truck is sending off codes and something is wrong with my truck. My truck still gets 10mpg and I paid 367.00 for a service the truck did not need.

Charles
Sharpsburg, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2004 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bill-Heard-Union-City/Union-City-Georgia-30291/Bill-Heard-Union-City-ripoff-Terrible-dishonest-scam-rude-inconsistent-Union-City-Ge-124148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bill Heard Union City