Complaint Review: Bill Me Later

• Reported By: Conrad — Easton Connecticut
Bill Me Later
Internet USA

Bill Me Later PayPal Bait and Switch Internet

I noticed Bill and Later while doing transactin on eBay and avoided it for a long time. However the offer for a first time transaction to provide an interest free one year term on a purchase was tempting. I've used this sort of offer at Home Depot.

In this case I was looking forward to making a major purchase--a $9000 outboard motor.  My credit is good. However I wanted to qualify prior to making the purchase. After completing a long application process I was approved for a pitifully small $1210.  I immediately called to cancel my application. I was told I could make a purchase and they would raise my limit.  The interest rate on this account for normal purchases is an outrageous rate if 19.9%.  So what they really want is to finance part of a purchase for free and most of the amount would be at 20% interest.  The plan from the beginning is to screw the customer over with an insane interest rate.

Worse, I cancelled my account and it still seems to be active. These people stole my personal information under false pretences and now leave me vulnerable to identity theft.  I am getting emails from them thanking me for signing up  when my account should be closed.

These people are not honest, do not comprend the concept of fair business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2014 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bill-Me-Later/internet/Bill-Me-Later-PayPal-Bait-and-Switch-Internet-1163840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bill Me Later