Complaint Review: Bill Zinke

• Updated: Thu, May 02, 2013

• Reported By: Independent Woman — Boulder Colorado United States of America
Bill Zinke
4770 Baseline Road Boulder, Colorado United States of America

Bill Zinke Center for Productive Longevity Egotistical and Abusive Employer Boulder, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: anything but positive

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Rebuttal from Ex-Employee of William K. Zinke

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bill Zinke Responds to Posts

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Almost Homeless at Christmas

Dear Boulder area women: avoid Bill Zinke, Human Resource Services Inc and the Center for Productive Longevity at any cost! I just wanted to add my thoughts to the chorus of rip off reports and craigslist warnings on Bill Zinke. While I only worked for him for a short time a while ago I unfortunately witnessed the level of abuse he showed to me and other people he hired. You are not even allowed to be your own person when you are here. Try having a casual conversation with the man and he will cut you down for not being completely formal in everything you say. He will make comments on the clothes you wear, the food you eat, he will intrude on your personal life and get angry if you choose your FAMILY over HIM. He thinks the world of himself and calls himself a "leader" while cutting down the achievements and vision of anyone else in the office. You are not allowed to think or being a human, just a typist who must agree with everything he says, and will make up the most ridiculous reasons to terminate your employment only to fight you to try and deny your entitled unemployment benefits. He will even make up reasons to make sure your life after you are gone is miserable so you don't have any food or money to support your family. The turnover in the offices of HRS/CPL/Bill Zinke are too numerous to count for a small 2 person office. Unless you are a man, you are beneath him. I have to say I am glad to be FREE of his tyranny and I hope other women turn away and KEEP LOOKING for a job instead of subjecting yourself to his abusiveness!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bill-Zinke/Boulder-Colorado-80303/Bill-Zinke-Center-for-Productive-Longevity-Egotistical-and-Abusive-Employer-Boulder-Color-962570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bill Zinke

anything but positive

AUTHOR: whatsinaname - ()

Mr. Zinke...your attitude is far from positive.  You are the most negative person I have known.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Rebuttal from Ex-Employee of William K. Zinke

AUTHOR: Judy Hartl - ()

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Judy Hartl, and I worked with  Bill Zinke for about seven years when his management consulting firm was located in New York City.

Working with Bill was a challenge because his standards were high, partly because of his legal background but more because he was building a consulting practice that entailed working with senior executives in major companies who expected a high quality of work.  Along with myself, there were three additional support staff.  I can speak for all of them who felt as I did, and most of these girls were also with Bill for approximately the same length of time.

I thought I had excellent skills when Bill hired me, but learned a great deal from working with him and only left because I remarried.  I now live in Florida and still have fond memories of working with Bill.  If fact, we still exchange Christmas cards after 26 years, and he has visited my husband and me in Florida.

I am happy to put my name on this posting.

Judy Hartl

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bill Zinke Responds to Posts

AUTHOR: Bill Zinke - (United States of America)

To the Posters:

I have read all of the postings and believe some have validity. I am reminded of the Chinese riddle, which some of you have heard me quote:
QWhat is the biggest room in the world?
AThe room for improvement.
This applies to me, as it does to all of us.

There are parts of the postings that are absolutely untrue, for example that nobody stays beyond a short period and that I accept advice from nobody. The Office Manager is really an essential part of CPLs ongoing success. He has worked with me for more than 2 years, has received three substantial salary increases and three substantial bonuses because his work is consistently excellent. I frequently seek his advice and frequently accept his suggestions. He has traveled with me to four meetings (in one made the announcement that we would create a LinkedIn account for meeting participants at their request) and is a real colleague.

During the past four years, my long period of good health has caught up with me. They began with a severe case of shingles, followed by a fractured hip from which I am now almost fully recovered through the great support of a wonderful physical therapist, two angioplasties, and a hernia operation. What has sustained me is my motto Strength in Adversity, and that same motto also sustains me through the travails of Rip-off Reports, which clearly show room for improvement.

I suspect there is room for all of us to improve.

Sincerely,

Bill Zinke

Note: One point I would like to make clear is that, despite the popular conception that people beyond 80 are over the hill and out of the game, I and the Center for Productive Longevity are going strong. I leave on March 16 for a busy week in Europe and may be making a trip to the Asia Pacific in April. CPL is making a difference in stimulating the substantially increased engagement of people 50 and older in productive activities, paid and volunteer, where they are qualified and ready to continue adding value. One important attribute, of course, is a positive attitude and an optimistic spirit.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Almost Homeless at Christmas

AUTHOR: Cat - (United States of America)

You're still out there Bill Zinke, preying on desperate women? Women who will quit jobs to go to work for the likes of you only to be fired for work "not to your standards?" Hell, no one can live up to the standards of you! I moved closer because if I didn't you would fire me! And wow! You fired me anyway two days before Christmas because of a typo in a draft! I was evicted from my apartment soon after that because you fired me during the holidays! You're a mean, ruthless man. Trust me women, he will do to you what he did to me!

I nearly lost everything because I put so much faith into Bill's empty promises. It took me almost a year to put things back together. I cry almost thinking back to that period of my life, because it was so horrible. You think you're different, he won't do it to you? Of course he will. And he won't care one bit!