Complaint Review: Biltmore Who's Who

• Submitted: Mon, April 23, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 23, 2012

• Reported By: ConcernedConsumer — Washington District of Columbia United States of America
Biltmore Who's Who

Biltmore Who's Who They're Still At It! Internet

I got an email from Biltmore Who's Who asking me if I was interested in being listed with their publication. It indicated that I would be contacted by someone in their company to verify my information. I replied to the email,and received a call within a matter of days.

The woman was quite pleasant, asking me about my type of work that I do, my employment history, my future professional goals and aspirations. Throughout the call, she complimented me on the hard work that I do, my professional drive, and my influence. But I noted that she asked some questions that seemed unrelated to the professional profile she was creating.

Toward the end of the call, she shifted to the money pitch. She offered a lifetime platinum membership or a 5-year gold membership. When I asked for written information outlining the membership levels to be sent to me, she informed me that they are a publishing house not a marketing firm and that they do not send out information without payment first.

I was taken aback by her response, and declined the membership. She then offered a 3-year membership at reduced cost. I declined again stating that I needed more information than a phone call and website to make a financial decision. She then informed me that they get thousands of requests per day and that they don't have the capacity to go back and forth with applicants. It is an honor to be placed in their book.

So I thanked her for her time and again declined. She then offered me a 2-year membership at an even lower cost, and stated it was her final offer. I  declined again and she said they would send me another letter in the future so that I would have sufficient time to do my homework on the company and then commit to membership.

What she didn't know was that I was doing my research while on the phone with her, and reading all the Rip Off reports. I am thankful for all the people who posted on here so that I didn't get scammed.

But they are still at it, and their pitch is smooth. Beware, don't get caught up in their script. I am a member of several professional organizations where I pay dues. I don't know any legitimate one that has a subscription fee structure like the one this woman described.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2012 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Biltmore-Whos-Who/internet/Biltmore-Whos-Who-Theyre-Still-At-It-Internet-872376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Biltmore Who's Who