Complaint Review: Bing Rewards

• Reported By: who — Florida
Bing Rewards
Internet USA

Bing Rewards Unable to redeem points Internet

*Author of original report: Issue finally resolved

I submitted two redemptions (two $5 Amazon gift cards) earlier last month (March 2014) on Bing Rewards and only received one reward. I contacted Customer Support on two different occasions (I included the numbers to both orders in my message because I wasn't sure which order had been completed) and never received a response. I later expressed my concern on Bing's Facebook page and was subsequently asked by them send a personal message instead. I did just that, and the next day I was asked to explain my issue again, which I did.

Never heard back from them, so four days later I wrote, "Hello?" I was told on that same day that my case was still being worked on. After another four days (now April 2014), I was asked to provide the email address that I have linked to my Bing Rewards account, which I did. I was asked three days later to contact Customer Support again, which I also did and never received a response. During that time I sent Bing a few other messages through Facebook, all of which weren't replied to.

I (foolishly) submitted another redemption ($5 Amazon gift card) eleven days later to see what would happen. Nothing happened; I didn't receive a reward this time around either. I messaged Bing on Facebook again explaining all of this, and I was sent this the day after: "Hello *****. Our system shows that the account associated with the email address *************** is not a valid Rewards account. The orders you are referencing belong to another customer with a different Rewards account. Because of this we are unable to futher assist you. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you."

I don't understand what is going on! The first four times I redeemed points (three $5 and one $3 Amazon gift cards) on Bing Rewards were successful (one of these redemptions was achieved by contacting Customer Support). I have both my Facebook account and Outlook.com account linked to Bing Rewards; I've been accessing Bing Rewards by logging into Facebook and by using the email address I messaged to Bing on Facebook to log into my Outlook.com account. I have been faithfully using Bing for almost all of my internet searches for some months now! I am confused!

A different email address is used to log into Facebook so I sent Bing that email, too, just in case. I asked if the "different" account was associated to another member of my household. I also asked if I should simply opt out of Bing Rewards. No response from Bing yet.

I feel like I am never going to receive the measly, yet well-earned $10 Bing owes me. I am very disappointed!! Shame because I think Bing Rewards is a great idea, too! Here's a tip for those of you that will try/continue to use Bing: it appears that submitting redemptions consecutively on Bing Rewards makes you susceptible to being ripped off. I suggest that you try submitting one redemption at a time. Wait until you receive your reward for one order, and then submit another if you want.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 12:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bing-Rewards/internet/Bing-Rewards-Unable-to-redeem-points-Internet-1140644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bing Rewards

Issue finally resolved

AUTHOR: who - ()

Bing and I exchanged a couple of other messages on Facebook shortly after I posted this (Bing continued to claim that I wasn't the person that I said I was and that I didn't have a Bing Rewards account). I posted another complaint on their Facebook page some hours ago and sent Customer Support multiple emails. Not sure what did it (prehaps the emails?), but I can gladly say that Bing finally heard me out and sent me my $10 Amazon gift card codes.

Haven't decided whether or not I should stop using Bing Rewards (I crazily want to give them one more chance), but I can say that I am defintely wary of Bing now.