- Report: #1136483
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: BitDefender
BitDefender Alleged security software is RANSOMWARE Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
After installation from bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html, the software quarantined 34 files, but will only allow the user to restore 10 files. Their technical support people say that only the full version gives the user full control.
So, without paying them, files on my system are now held hostage.
The files are all virus-free, as they had been in use for some time, and were previously scanned with Microsoft Security Essentials, MalwareBytes and SuperAntispyware. There is NO malware.
Also note that it is difficult to contact company support.
1. Their Support page for email is broken: bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html
2. At the same page, the chat fails to connect.
3. I did get through by phone (954-928-2780), but all the person could tell me is that the paid version does not limit the restore function!
This is RANSOMWARE, claiming to be security software!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2014 02:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BitDefender/internet/BitDefender-Alleged-security-software-is-RANSOMWARE-Internet-1136483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.