Complaint Review: BitDefender

• Submitted: Tue, March 29, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 29, 2011

• Reported By: Natalie — Denver Colorado U.S.A.
BitDefender

BitDefender Avangate Sold me bad anti-virus software which corrupted my entire computer system and refused to refund cost. Europe, Internet

I purchased their anti-virus software program, which they told me was completely compatible with my computer programs.

It blew out my entire computer which cost me a fortune to have repaired.  They made it almost impossible to remove their software.  Once it was finally removed, at great cost, they made it almost impossible to reach them in any way.

When I finally reached a live person, with a long distance call, (someone in Europe), they would not refund or credit my cost.  They totally ignored me.  I have had to take the problem to my credit card company to dispute and I still have not received a refund.   I have had to purchase a new anti-virus program, and paid people to restore my blown-out computer, and then again to remove this terrible anti-virus program.

They are crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BitDefender/internet/BitDefender-Avangate-Sold-me-bad-anti-virus-software-which-corrupted-my-entire-computer-sy-711484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BitDefender