Complaint Review: BitInstant

• Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: ryanjones — United States of America
BitInstant

BitInstant Paid for bitcoins but received nothing New York, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Can I help you?

Quite Simple.  I paid for over $400 worth of bitcoins in cash per their moneygram service.  They were supposed to load my btc-e account with funds which would then allow me to purchase bitcoins.  I followed the procedure, still have the receipts or the successful money gram, but have nothing to show for it.

I got one email from a rep named Seth stating that they were facing delays and that he had passed my information along to have a manual transfer done.  I should have received the funds within one business day.

I emailed Seth back several times over the next couple of days but got no response whatsoever and never received any funds.  I cannot get a refund from Moneygram because they completed the transaction correctly.  Bitinstant has since removed their Live Chat option from their website and do not answer the phone or return any messages.

Ever since bitcoins have become more and more popular on a variety of black market sites, procuring the currency has become more shady and difficult.  However, this company came highly recommended among the dozens of bitcoin agents.  It is disappointing that they are simply another cash scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BitInstant/internet/BitInstant-Paid-for-bitcoins-but-received-nothing-New-York-Internet-1018513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BitInstant

Can I help you?

AUTHOR: URSAY - ()

Hello,

I work in customer service at BitInstant and I would love to help you with your issue.  Unfortunately without any order info like an order ID #, quote ID #, event ID #, or zipzap acct. #, it is difficult to identify your order.

Our main support channel is at bitinstant.com/contact

I'm sorry for your troubles and I hope you will give us the opportunity to correct your order.

Thanks,