Complaint Review: Bitdefender

• Submitted: Sat, May 10, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, May 10, 2014

• Reported By: Alice — Mifflin Pennsylvania
Internet USA

Bitdefender Not only did it not protect from other viruses, Bitdefender itself corrupted my computer Internet

I used Bitdefender without issue for 3 years.  I renewed it in March 2014.  Within a short time I noticed it was not running it`s usual weekly scans.  I followed the directions in the software to contact the company about the problem.  They extracted the information they needed and told me I would be hearing from them.

Before they got back to me, my computer totally crashed.  I took it to my local computer store where the technician discovered that Bitdefender itself was corrupt.  It cost me $75.00 or 1 1/2 hours of their time to remove it.

Bitdefender denies I ever contacted them about the problem, denies Bitdefender caused the problem in my computer and refuses to reimburse me for any of the expense I incurred having to manually remove Bitdefender from my computer.

Bitdefender is happy to take your money but they do not stand behind their own product.  Bad enough that Bitdefender was not protecting my computer from ANYTHING.  Worse, Bitdefender itself caused my computer to crash.

To purchase Bitdefender and install it in your computer right now is like purchasing a virus so your computer will crash.

Customer support offered me a 6 month extension of Bitdefender, which of course would do me no good since it had to be removed from my computer .

They have cheerfully refunded me my $29.95 renewal fee.  With their attitude about this all being the customer`s problem, I`m hoping they will go out of business soon so fewer people will have their computers crash from their corrupt software.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2014 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bitdefender/internet/Bitdefender-Not-only-did-it-not-protect-from-other-viruses-Bitdefender-itself-corrupted-1145582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bitdefender