Complaint Review: Bjs wholesale club

• Updated: Thu, August 28, 2014

• Reported By: jarvis — Marlborough Massachusetts
Bjs wholesale club
1 Highland Commons hudson, Massachusetts USA

Bjs wholesale club work in an unsafe environment hudson Massachusetts

I worked for Bjs in Hudson, Ma.  I was in the tire bay for the last 4 months. For more than 50% of my shifts I worked alone with no one around to see if I had been hurt or in need of a break.  Some of these shifts were for up to 11 hour shifts.  At no time during these solo shifts was I allowed a break or offered relief by someone in the store.  No lunch breaks or 15 minute breaks.  When I questioned Mike the operations manager he stated that they were trying their best to hire someone.  When I told him that if I was injured while working alone the time it might take someone to find me could be a big difference in getting immediate care, he told me that this was what i was going to have to deal with if I wanted to continue working at Bjs.  I took this as a threat to my job security.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2014 05:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bjs-wholesale-club/hudson-Massachusetts-01749/Bjs-wholesale-club-work-in-an-unsafe-environment-hudson-Massachusetts-1172864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bjs wholesale club