expert

• Updated: Wed, April 22, 2009

• Reported By:Lincoln Nebraska
Black Hills Energy
blackhillsenergy.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Black Hills Energy ,Formerly Aquilla The ONLY Gas Company in Nebraska? PO BOX's In IL And SD Nationwide

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: No way were you credited anything

*Author of original report: Update

I had an Aquilla account opened in April 08 asn as soon as I had the opportunity to speak to a customer service representative, I knew I was in for a bumpy ride. Here is a list of occurences from 4/08-Present:

* Budget Plan activated without consent

The reason why this is BAD is because it made activating a budget plan (once I was ready to) not feesable as per their policy for 6 months.

* Rude and Unprofessional customer service

When I had decided to attempt at making good business with the company months later, I experienced hostile impatience and a dis-connect. That day, I had established with a supervisor, a budget plan. I called back to confirm, only to encounter the SAME rude, unprofessional customer service rep. She got a hold of my account and deactivated my budget plan!

A SEVERE expenditure of my time and energy
I had to contact Black Hills (who acquisitioned Aquilla) the day after and was told by a supervisor that the budget plan was de-activated at my request. I demanded he check his audio & notes log and then confirm the REALITY of the situation. He did, reinstating the budget plan.

*Again, with the "missing budget plan"?
There were many lapses of payments made to the company as you can imagine. I had enough. But I was willing to make righht on my relationship with Black Hills and, early November had a budget plan reinstated for the 3RD TIME. It is now February, and they haven't honored it on any of my billing statements.

I'm cooked. 'Well done. I'm converting my appliances to ELECTRIC and dis-continuing the service if Black Hills can't get their head out of their ass. They have ONE MORE CHANCE, which I've already noted to Human Resources of the company after a no-reply from customer service after sending an e-mail through their site.

The psyche ache
Lincoln, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2009 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Black-Hills-Energy/nationwide/Black-Hills-Energy-Formerly-Aquilla-The-ONLY-Gas-Company-in-Nebraska-PO-BOXs-In-IL-And-421726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Black Hills Energy

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

No way were you credited anything

AUTHOR: amelia - ()

You account was only adjusted and you are paying a budget amount to cover your expenses for the next 12 months and also pay off the balance of the account...aka reaging your budget plan...only way you are taken off budget is by request or two late payments on the budget plan, thus resulting in ineligibility for budget for 6mos...

Addresses in IL was due to the payment processing company being located in IL...When Black Hills acquired Aquila, they kept all policies and procedures the same for 1yr per PUC agreemeent.

Update

AUTHOR: The psyche ache - (U.S.A.)

Black Hills, in the month of March, determined that there was, in fact, an error with the way my account was handled & credited me for the 4 months prior (they were charging regular rate, not budgeted amount).
The advice I give to anyone going up against a big company is fight with fact and intelligence.