Complaint Review: Black People Meet.com

• Updated: Sat, September 19, 2009

• Reported By: Ms. Q — Killeen Texas USA
Black People Meet.com
blackpeoplemeet.com Internet United States of America

Black People Meet.com I joined Black people meet and paid for a 6 month subscription. Fourteen days later, my account was removed. My account is back on line, but will not activate it until I pay again for a suscription! Internet

On September 1, 2009.  I joined a website called Black People Meet.  I paid for a 6 month subscription for a total of $63.65.  On September 17, 2009, I attempted to login on the site, and was unsuccessful.  I went to the wesites home page and it allowed me to look up my account to see what the problem was.

To my surprise, my pictures and username were deleted off of the account, put my credit card and personal information and description were still on the account and another person's username was on my account (livingwaters1).  I contacted the company immediately, and requested that this issue be rectified as well as an explanation as to how my account was compromised.  They only respond via e-mail and told me that they located my account and to log in and create a new e-mail address.  I did what I was instructed, but found another surprise waiting for me.

When I logged back on, none of my information or description was returned back to my account.  The other user (livingwaters1) is still on my account with a free subscription and I am being told that if I want to be on the site, I must pay for another subscription.  I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and the FBI's IC3 division to report their misconduct, fraud, and abuse.  The company makes not attempt to contact you and just sends emails telling me how to login or to subscribe.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2009 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Black-People-Meetcom/internet/Black-People-Meetcom-I-joined-Black-people-meet-and-paid-for-a-6-month-subscription-Fou-497313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Black People Meet.com