Complaint Review: Blake & Dunn, LLP

• Updated: Fri, April 18, 2014

• Reported By: RGD — Las Vegas Nevada
Blake & Dunn, LLP
4000 Hollywood Blvd, 555-S Hollywood, Florida USA

Blake & Dunn, LLP / Hargrave & Associates / Cordell & Associates Attempted to defraud me of $7,500.00 Hollywood Florida

I was contacted by William Dunn who claimed to be an attorney with Blake & Dunn, LLP.  He somehow acquired information on me in regard to an investment for which I was defrauded out of a considerable amount of money.  He claimed that Blake & Dunn, LLP had agreed to an out of court settlement with the company that defrauded me.  He also claimed that a trust fund was established for victims and Blake & Dunn, LLP had control of the trust fund.  Blake & Dunn, LLP sent agreements to my e-mail address.  The agreements stated that I would receive a settlement based on 70% of what I was defrauded and Blake & Dunn, LLP would receive 20% of the total settlement.  William Dunn called me to review the documents.  He told me that I needed to send Blake & Dunn, LLP $7,500.00 to retain their services.  I mentioned to him that the documents did not look authentic and that he needed to send me his credentials.  I also mentioned to him that I discovered another website that contained the same verbiage that the Blake & Dunn, LLP website contained.  He then acted puzzled and told me that he would get back to me.  Well, he never got back to me and I found out through extensive research that Blake & Dunn, LLP is operating out of a virtual office and uses an answering service that screens calls.  I had to send Blake & Dunn, LLP a provocative e-mail so that they would get back to me.  I received an e-mail from someone by the name of “Yomama Isgonady” who stated that Blake & Dunn, LLP did not wish to represent me in this case.  The wording in the e-mail did not follow the guidelines of proper grammar.  Upon further research, I discovered that Blake & Dunn, LLP had an IP address in Canada and operated out of a virtual office in Hollywood, FL.  I have outlined below how I suspect these fraudulent law firms operate.

Method of operation:

Step 1:  Establish a website in Canada and operate out of Canada.

Step 2:  Establish a virtual office in the U.S. to give the company legitimacy.

Step 3:  Find out information about people who were defrauded and contact them.

Step 4:  Persuade the defrauded victim to retain the services of the fraudulent law firm.

Step 5:  Persuade the defrauded victim to sign documents and send a payment to retain services.

Step 6:  Payment is received at the virtual office mail service.

Step 7:  The fraudulent law firm establishes a time to shut down the operation as soon as it collects enough money from the victims.  By the time the authorities are on to the operation it is too late.

Below are the links to the Blake & Dunn, LLP website and two others that are operating out of Canada.

1.)  blakedunnllp.com/

2.) hargravelegal.com/

3.) cordelllegal.com/

I plan to report all of this to the F.B.I. and it is my earnest hope that I saved someone from these cowards.

V/R,

RGD

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2014 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blake-Dunn-LLP/Hollywood-Florida-33021/Blake-amp-Dunn-LLP-Hargrave-amp-Associates-Cordell-amp-Associates-Attempted-to-1140036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blake & Dunn, LLP