- Report: #1035718
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Blast Fitness
Blast Fitness1815 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, Massachusetts United States of America
Blast Fitness Work Out World Poor Member Services, Gym Conditions, Customer Service Cambridge, Massachusetts
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Here is an abbreviated list of them - 1) In-House Televisions: Prior to Blast Fitness taking over the location from Bally's Fitness in early summer of 2012, there were popular channels (ESPN, CNN, etc.) on every single TV. Since Blast Fitness took over in June 2012, the cable subscription was terminated and since then, every single TV in the entire gym has been tuned to the Documentary Channel or a channel that plays infomercials non-stop. All televisions in the gym are constantly tuned to these channels regardless of the time of day or week. I have personally asked the staff many times since August 2012 if they could change the channels to NBC, FOX, or CBS (which are completely free) and I keep getting told, "sorry but we can't change the channels" and that "Blast Fitness is 'currently' in negotiations with Comcast for a cable subscription". However, I have been told those exact same answers for more than six months now. Does it really take more than six months to negotiate a cable subscription?
2) Over 80% of the treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, and stairclimbers squeak ridiculously loud. I spoke with the manager and offered to pay for the WD40 myself and let the staff apply it instead of me to avoid any liability issues. She still said, "sorry but we can't do that". That was mid-September 2012.
3) Air circulation in the gym is poor to non-existent regardless of time of year or weather. I have been a member of four other gyms throughout my life and I understand they can become odorous or musty due to the fact that that's what happens in gyms. The temperature, humidity, and smell of air at the Cambridge, MA location of Blast Fitness, however, is far worse than any other gym that I've been to. I honestly believe that they raise the thermostat or turn off the fans in order to cut down on electricity costs.
4) There are a number of machines in disrepair in the free weight area. Some of the flat/incline/decline benches, for example, have torn upholstery (i.e., huge tears in the leather headrest). The level of rust and grime on some of the bars, weights, and handles is impressive as well.
As such, I emailed Blast Fitness corporate and very specifically outlined each of these issues then calmly and respectfully asked for something to please be done. Each representative gave me vague answers as to when or if anything was going to be done. They said they could not provide exact dates to when my grievances would be addressed. I told them in my emails that I completely understood that things took time so just wanted to request a very, very rough estimate with even one to two month windows to be very generous.
To these responses, I was merely handed off to someone else. Each person said that Blast Fitness would get to my issues but that they could not provide exact dates on when. To each representative, I kindly said that I understood but was not asking for exact dates but just rough estimates or at least requesting progress on what would be or has been done so far. I have been in contact with Blast Fitness corporate since November of 2012 after failed attempts to elicit solutions in person with the gym staff from August-October 2012. Through all this, none of my complaints have still yet to be addressed.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blast-Fitness/Cambridge-Massachusetts-02140/Blast-Fitness-Work-Out-World-Poor-Member-Services-Gym-Conditions-Customer-Service-Cambri-1035718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.