• Report: #1121993

• Updated: Sat, February 08, 2014

• Reported By: Texas Lady — Santa Fe Texas
Blast Fitness
20761 Gulf Frwy Webster, Texas USA

Blast Fitness I was a prior member of Bally's Fitness since 1988 and pay $2.39 / month for dues lifetime membership. Manager Eric called me to inform me my dues were to be paid by April 1, 2014. I needed to bring an original contract from Bally's for them to continue my fees. If I could not come up with that and contact Bally's they would make me buy a Blast Membership for $200.00. I was very upset and told him how absurd this request sounded and it was pretty much a scam. Webster Texas

I was a prior member with Bally's Total Fitness since 1988.  My dues are $2.39 a month for Life.  Bally's was bought by Blast 2013 or 2012.  They did not purchase or acquire the original contract with Bally's.  Management Eric called me and told me to bring my original contract for Bally's to validate my continued dues. If I could not come up with it or contact Bally's for a copy I would be forced to buy a Blast membership for $200.

I am very upset told several members that were faced with the same problem.  I suggested to a member if he had time to contact the local news station.  He did contact them with the issue. They resolved it with the manager, he said if we all come up with a payment history from Bally's then it would be ok.  If you run into this probelm with Blast contact her at Chanel 2 Mrs Jarome. She resolves scams with local businesses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2014 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blast-Fitness/Webster-Texas-77598/Blast-Fitness-I-was-a-prior-member-of-Ballys-Fitness-since-1988-and-pay-239-month-fo-1121993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blast Fitness