Complaint Review: Blast! Fitness

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Lori — New Britain Connecticut United States of America
Blast! Fitness
1031 New Britain Avenue West Hartford, Connecticut United States of America

Blast! Fitness Blast Fitness unauthorized charges, terrible customer service, misleading information, dirty, unethical, unprofessional West Hartford, Connecticut

My gym membership to Bally's Total Fitness should have been cancelled starting on June 4th, 2012. An e-mail, and the conversation I had on the phone with customer service about a week ago about this, implies that the membership from Bally's carried over to Blast Fitness, which was not agreed to or expressed to me. This transfer of membership was also not expressed to me upon visiting the gym, after it had changed over to Blast, where they actually offered a "new" membership for $10 a month. I then inquired about cancelling the Bally's membership, which should have been done automatically as Bally's is no longer in operation anywhere closer than 112 miles away to my knowledge, or at the very least changed to a Blast membership IF the membership did transfer (again, no notice of this or an opt out option etc.) with notice and consent (which were not given). The employee of Blast fitness said he'd "take care of" the cancellation, his name was Theadore (Teddy) who also signed me up for the Bally's membership in the beginning. I filled out the cancellation form and had to request a copy of the form, which I attached in my last e-mail to the billing company to cancel the membership. The employee said there is a 90 day cancellation process but on the phone I was told it's 30 days (what my contract says) and that the last month had already been paid upon signup. The blast employee told me to go to the bank to tell them to stop future payments, which is a completely ridiculous suggestion. Upon e-mailing the cancellation again (since the customer service representative on the phone stated they never received) they cancelled the membership and said to make the final payment, which I should not owe.  They have been charging me for three months after my cancellation and are asking for more money. The charges are coming up under ABCFinancial with Bally's listed with it. I believe this entire process is intentionally convoluted and misleading and we will never again visit a gym because of this absurd runaround.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blast-Fitness/West-Hartford-Connecticut-06107/Blast-Fitness-Blast-Fitness-unauthorized-charges-terrible-customer-service-misleading-i-949982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blast! Fitness