- Report: #944934
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Blevins Concrete Construction
Blevins Concrete Construction401 N. Main Street Georgetown, Ohio United States of America
Blevins Concrete Construction Caleb Blevins Lied, Scammed, Stole, Left Job Undone, Left Mess Georgetown, Ohio
*Consumer Comment: Very satisfied with Blevins Quality Concrete
2. Caleb Blevins came AM Thu., 9/13/12; told about his "crews", "trucks", "big jobs" done.
3. He said they'd rip ours out & complete it today.
4. We signed for $1100.00. He said he was "out of gas & his forgot wallet." Put 30% down - $330 total ($30 cash & $300 check).
5. An hour later he called saying "forgot" to add in the concrete price so because it was "his mistake' "he would pay $200" & for "us to pay $200 more." (Contract states concrete included.) He said the cement was to be delivered at 3 pm.
6. One worker arrived about 1. [continued below]....
7. Blevins arrived a bit later, this time dressed to work on the driveway, also.
8. About 1/4 of concrete slab was broken up first day with these 2 guys doing it by hand. (Not "ripped right out" like he told us prior to signing the contract.)
9. 2nd day (Fri. 9/14/12) Blevins said "another yard of concrete was needed" ($60 - $80 more). And he said he "needed $700 today to buy wire mesh, cement & remove rubble". Took our $700 check & was gone about 4 hours.
10. When back, Blevins & worker argued. Worker left, never returned. The cement saw, spud bars & wood-splitting maul belonged to the worker and he left with them. About 80% of old concrete was broken up when the guy walked of the job.
11. Blevins had no tools (not an equipped concrete co.). WE loaned Blevins a sludge hammer, power saw, spud bar & wire cutter.
12. Blevins left at 5 PM, & 5% concrete was left to be broken. He left a large amount of rubble (6" in diameter & less) within area. Several times he said he "was leaving the rubble in the area to be repaved so it wouldn't need as much concrete.
13. WE removed all of the rubble from area to be repaved ourselves after Blevins left for the day.
13. Saturday 9/15/12, Blevins broke up the final small piece (the 3rd day on the job which prior to signing the contract he said it would take one day to not only "rip out the old concrete but also pour and finish the job). He ordered cement in my presence for Monday at 11 AM.
14. I called the cement company Monday early and was told that Blevins cancelled concrete order that morning at 6 AM.
15. Blevins didn't show up for 3 more business days until early on Thu. 9/20/12 He said he had allergies plus he couldn't work with the rain (it only sprinkled here). He said he didn't have our phone number to tell us he wouldn't be here. (Funny how he had it and called several times other days because the number was stored on his cell phone.) He did the few things on Thursday morning that still needed to be done to ready area for wire mesh & cement pouring.
16. Blevins had left a few tools to put in the last pieces of rebar and to work the cement once it was poured. He laid out the tools in position so they were ready once the cement arrived.
17. Blevins said his brother was coming with the wire mesh to be put down before the cement was poured. (On two previous days Blevins said his "brother was coming to haul away the concrete rubble. Of course, no concrete debris was ever removed by Blevins or his brother or by any arrangement of Blevin. Then he sat in his car on the street as if waiting for the delivery. I would look out fairly often to see if he was still waiting out there. Just 3 or 4 minutes after I last looked out, he moved his car into our driveway, loaded up all his remaining tools and took off. I heard his car start up in the driveway, looked out, only to see him pull out the driveway and out the street.
18. He took our money and left us with an unfinished job. No concrete rubble was removed, no wire mesh arrived, no cement was poured, no finished driveway area. He did not complete the work according to the contract.
19. We were VERY patient with him. We were giving him a chance to make good on our contract agreement.
20. Apparently he'd rather rip off people on Social Security than do honest work.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2012 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blevins-Concrete-Construction/Georgetown-Ohio-45121/Blevins-Concrete-Construction-Caleb-Blevins-Lied-Scammed-Stole-Left-Job-Undone-Left-Me-944934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)