Complaint Review: Bling Bling Couture

• Updated: Thu, February 27, 2014

• Reported By: Natashia — Seattle Washington
Bling Bling Couture
12424 Steepleway Blvd #714 Houston, Texas USA

Bling Bling Couture Blinged Couture Fraudulent Company: Items Paid For But Never Received Houston Texas

*Author of original report: Additional Information on Seller

On July 22, 2013, I placed an order for a custom-made pair of heels. Payment was processed immediately through PayPal and I was advised of a 12 week processing time for completion and delivery of my order. In mid-September I began sending private messages via Facebook, however, they would typically go unanswered.  When I would receive a response, it would only be after I had left a public comment on their main page, a comment that would immediately be deleted and only followed by the empty promise that my order was just then being worked on and would be shipped to me shortly.

After having been given the same response over the course of several months, with the seller refusing to provide me a firm date of delivery, I requested that my order be cancelled and a full refund be provided. The following day I received a response from the seller stating that their computer was being repaired and that they would follow-up with me in the next few days. This was my final contact with the seller as I did not respond nor did I hear back from them again.

On February 7, 2014, I contacted PayPal in hopes of receiving a refund. The representative informed me that, according to the Buyer Protection section of the Terms and Conditions, 'custom-made' items were excluded from protection. Furthermore, all disputes for reimbursement must be filed within 45 days of initial payment. That said, I was informed that I could not file a dispute against the seller and, therefore, would not be receiving a refund.

I advised the representative that I understood the policy, but that I still wanted to speak to someone in their dispute department because I wanted someone to be aware of what was going on with this company. Given that all orders are custom and all are advised of a 12-week processing time, the likelihood was that I was not alone in having been taken advantage of and that PayPal was unaware because disputes were not being flied. After being transferred to the appropriate department, I was able to speak to someone who could access the seller's account and they confirmed that, in fact, numerous people had called about the seller, but were unable to resolve their disputes because of the policy limits.

The representative informed me that the seller's account was being suspended so that no further funds could be collected (as of today, I can login to PayPal and verify that their account is still suspended). I was able to receive a refund through PayPal, though I am unsure if funds still exist in the account and/or if PayPal will be willing to issue further refunds, as they are not legally obligated to do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 04:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bling-Bling-Couture-/Houston-Texas-77065/Bling-Bling-Couture-Blinged-Couture-Fraudulent-Company-Items-Paid-For-But-Never-Recei-1126911. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bling Bling Couture

Additional Information on Seller

AUTHOR: Natashia - ()

In addition to their Facebook page, the seller also operated business at www.blingedcouture.com , which, according to public record, was redgistered under the name of Roxy Huskey. Additional public records search reveals that Roxanne 'Roxy' Huskey has also been known as Roxanne E. Meneley. Though it was previously suggested (by another claimant in a previous post) that the address the seller used for business purposes was invalid, a published notice of tax lien from Harris County indicates that the address on Steeple Way Blvd in Houston, Texas is valid and is/was associated with the individual in question.