Complaint Review: Blizzard Entertainment/ World Of Warcraft

• Submitted: Sun, January 10, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, January 10, 2010

• Reported By: Matt — Crestline California U.S.A.
Blizzard Entertainment/ World Of Warcraft
po box 18979 Irvine, California United States of America

Blizzard Entertainment/ World Of Warcraft World of Warcraft, Vivendi Games, Battle.net, Suspicious authenticator activity, poor customer service, possible fraudulent business practices Irvine, California

On or about 12/09/2009 Blizzard Entertainment came out with a new account security option called the Blizzard Authenticator.  The price is $6.50 plus shipping and handling costs.  The device is supposed to allow customers to have more account security, instead it has caused endless problems for customers who have not purchased one and some people who have.  I direct your attention to the endless posts on their forums including the following: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=22418975462&sid=1
|| http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=22418975462&sid=1  ||  http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=22418745742&sid=1

I have had one of these authenticators added to my account without my authorization and it is causing me to be unable to access my account for which I have paid my monthly bill.  Blizzard's common response to each of these people as well as everyone who has an account hacking problem is that they got a virus or keylogger somehow and that they share their account with someone who has sold them out.  I say, given the number of problems that I have seen since the authenticator launched that their accusations of viruses or keyloggers are preposterous.  I suggest that there is something possibly more sinister at play here and I will continue to say so until I get reparation, restoration and compensation.

Resolution Sought: I would like my account to be unlocked and restored and I would like them to stop hanging up on customers when we call in and have to wait for an hour to get service.  I would also like one month free service to replace the wasted month where I could not cancel my credit card from the account or a full refund for one month and two authenticators at no cost or value for my trouble and loss of time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2010 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blizzard-Entertainment-World-Of-Warcraft/Irvine-California-92362/Blizzard-Entertainment-World-Of-Warcraft-World-of-Warcraft-Vivendi-Games-Battlenet-S-552190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blizzard Entertainment/ World Of Warcraft