Complaint Review: Blizzard Entertainment

• Updated: Mon, October 05, 2009

• Reported By: Brian — Ames Iowa USA
Blizzard Entertainment
PO Box 18979 Irvine, California United States of America

Blizzard Entertainment Inc Potential Fraud via World of Warcraft Irvine, California

*Consumer Comment: Just a thought

I had a World of Warcraft account for about 3.5 years. It was all good until this summer. Then I start getting bans for IP's matching something or whatever. I get computer generated responses from what are supposed to be customer support. I endure until finally my account is closed in early August. I go through the email appeal process, not only am I met by a concrete wall, but the reason for the closure keeps changing: In-appropriate Language (they provide a chat log of what is supposed to have done it, but never was any in-game evidence presented this time) IPs matching something bad, and other crap. The different GMs I get keep changing the reason. Finally I give up.

I made another World of Warcraft account a month later. Low and behold after about a month, same crap starts again. The so-called "customer support" consists of computer generated responses which actually start contradicting each other.

And of course with all sales being final, Blizzard has basically been taking my money then closing my accounts (while the phone support reps encourage me to open new ones). This screams fraud to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2009 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blizzard-Entertainment/Irvine-California-92623-8979/Blizzard-Entertainment-Inc-Potential-Fraud-via-World-of-Warcraft-Irvine-California-504773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blizzard Entertainment

Just a thought

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

The subject of your post included the words "Potential Fraud"

Bans for IP matching mean you are trying to play under two or more names from the same computer.

If you didn't do anything wrong the folks at WOW would have helped you.  The fact that you were kicked off again a month after getting a new name says a lot.

Are you sure the "Potential Fraud" isn't you?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC