expert

• Updated: Sun, April 06, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com Internet U.S.A.

Blizzard Entertainment Blizzard Refuses To Stop Billing My Bank Account For World of Warcraft New York Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Ouch

*Consumer Comment: Question...

In January I discovered one day that I could no longer log into my World of Warcraft account. Thinking my account information had been compromised I quickly emailed Blizzard to cancel my credit card. About a week later I received an email from Blizzard stating that they could not cancel the billing on the account. I went through this process three more times before finally receiving an email from some sort of supervisor telling me to call their customer service hotline. I tried this over five times, sometimes sitting on the phone for over an hour, waiting for a customer representative.

I am a 17 year old high school student. Blizzard is stealing my hard earned money. So far I have been billed for two months of playtime I did not use at all, an equivalent of $31.38. I am not able to login to my account information to stop the billing and Blizzard refuses to help me in any way. I don't know what to do. I would love any legal advice. I am glad I found this site so people can be aware of how this company treats its customers. My email is shassenflu@ehshouston.org if anyone has any legal help for me. Feel free to contact me.

Stephen
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2008 12:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blizzard-Entertainment/internet/Blizzard-Entertainment-Blizzard-Refuses-To-Stop-Billing-My-Bank-Account-For-World-of-Warcr-307730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blizzard Entertainment

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Ouch

AUTHOR: Falconfree - (U.S.A.)

Were you paying on a month by month basis or one of the longer subscription plans? They won't cancel in the middle of a subscription plan, say month 4 of having prepaid for 6 months.

If that isn't the case, then yeah, I would call your card company and have them help you deal with. Keep trying the phone number too, it can take a while to get through, but eventually you will.

On a different issue, can you not log in at all? Do you think your account was compromised? You'll want to call AND e-mail about getting that resolved first. They probably won't let you cancel if you don't know the account name/password registered to your account at the time. Once the account info stuff is resolved you should be able to log in. They will probably make you jump through hoops to get everything fixed up, but just keep in mind that it is all to make sure they give the account info to the right person. Probably have to fax them a copy of your driver's license.

Good luck! I know it can be a pain getting everything in order.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Davz - (U.S.A.)

Before they charge you again, contact your credit card company. If the card is in someone else's name, and you're just an authorized user, have them contact the credit card company or your bank.

File a complaint with the BBB also, so that others know about Blizzard's shady practices.

And if you don't want to give up playing WoW, go play on a private server, just do a google search, there's TONS of them out there.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Question...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

Is this on a credit card or a debit card? One avenue is to close that card completely and get a different numbered card, that way Blizzard won't have the new number to charge. Another avenue is to file a dispute with your credit card company or bank for unauthorized transactions. Tell them what you told us, basically you can't use the service, you've tried to cancel and the company won't stop taking money. Sounds though like your account was highjacked and someone else is playing on it and that's why Blizzard won't stop the charges. Good luck and let us know how this turns out.