Complaint Review: Block Buster Video

• Submitted: Fri, January 23, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2004

• Reported By:Santa Clara California
Block Buster Video
1303 S. Winchester Blvd. San Jose, California U.S.A.

BlockBuster Video can't prove exactly WHEN you turn it in if close to noon San Jose California

Blockbuster is the largest movie rental chain in the world. They did over $5.5 billion in sales in 2002, with over 8,500 locations worldwide. Even if they only collected two or three late fees per location everyday, you do the math, they are ripping off a lot of people.

I turned in a movie at exactly 11:50 on a Saturday at the local Blockbuster here in San Jose, CA and they claim I turned it in around 3:00-or at least that's when THEY checked it in. Can they prove I turned it in at that time? Can I prove I turned it in before noon? No I can't and they can't either but I KNOW when I turned my movies in, and ironically I knew they would accuse me of turning it in late even before I turned it in.

Yes we know when the movies need to be turned in but Blockbuster also knows that the before noon rule is obviously inconvienent for the working world making it difficult to turn them in on time and they are reaping the benefits from it. I challenge anyone to purposely turn in a movie close to noon but obviously not after noon and I'm sure most will claim you turned it in late.

The simple solution to this is of course is go to Hollywood Video and/or Netflix. I will NEVER rent from Blockbuster again.

Thomas
Santa Clara, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2004 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Block-Buster-Video/San-Jose-California-95128/BlockBuster-Video-cant-prove-exactly-WHEN-you-turn-it-in-if-close-to-noon-San-Jose-Califo-77903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Block Buster Video