Complaint Review: Block Buster Vidios

• Submitted: Thu, January 22, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 30, 2007

• Reported By:Daytona Florida
Block Buster Vidios
All Stores Nationwide U.S.A.

Block Buster Videos They constantly want to charge you for late fees even if your only 10 mins. late. The by noon rule is for the birds. All Cities Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: I have also wrongly been charged late fees by Blockbuster.........

*Consumer Suggestion: You knew when the movies were due back

I think I speak for all customers when I say the before or by noon rule at Block Buster Vidios is for the birds!

I have been charged so many late fees because of this," by noon" rule Block Buster Vidios has deemed what the customers wanted I feel totally taken advantage of. I never received a voter's ballot in MY mailbox and I'm sure no one else did either !

I feel ripped off becuse if you go in late at night to rent a movie for the outragous price as it is , you shouldn't have to have it back by noon the next day but by the time you rented it the previous night. Sometimes you don't even get the movie for an entire 24 hours for the money you spend there I think 24 hours is fair.

And the by noon thing.... Well most people work for a living and CAN NOT get the movie back by noon and I KNOW block buster Vidios knows this. THat is why they made the dumb rule and that is how they are ripping people off !!

I think if we the customers suposably make the rules it should be back by the next night giving us time to get off OUR JOBS !

Thanks for listening .

Angela
Daytona, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2004 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Block-Buster-Vidios/nationwide/Block-Buster-Videos-They-constantly-want-to-charge-you-for-late-fees-even-if-your-only-10-77791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Block Buster Vidios

I have also wrongly been charged late fees by Blockbuster.........

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

Before they did away with late fees, we would make sure we had our movies back before noon and kept getting charged late fees. After this happened twice, we returned a movie before noon the day before it was due - more than a full 24 hours before it was due - and we got charged a late fee. That ended our rental relationship with Blockbuster and even when they did away with the old way of doing things, we still refuse to rent movies from them. I have gone in and bought previously viewed DVDs from them but I will never rent again.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

You knew when the movies were due back

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

You knew the rentals were due back before noon, so how were you ripped off? If you are going to be at work or busy with something else at the time the rentals are due, I suggest you leave home early enough to make the returns to Blockbuster before you go to work. Its an easy solution to your problem.

It is not Blockbuster's problem, its yours. If you don't agree with their rental policies, then don't rent from them. If you don't like their fees, don't rent from them.