• Report: #319022

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Solon Ohio
Blockbuster DVD Rental
www.blockbuster.com Solon, Ohio U.S.A.

Blockbuster DVD Rental Beware! Cancellation Scam Online Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: I never heard a thing

Beware Blockbuster Online DVD Rental Cancelation Scam! I was a member of their online service for 6 months and never had a lost DVD. I guess they were interested in a paying customer. After their sending DVDs screeched to a halt in the late January - February reported by other users I canceled my service and sent the remaining movies the same day. Guess what. All 3 movies reported missing and Blockbuster charged me full retail of $21.49 per movie. A call to customer service did not change anything. I did a google search and found other peopel reporting the same.

If you are going to cancel SHIP THE DVDS FIRST AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE REPORTED AS RECEIVED AND ONLY THEN CANCEL YOUR SERVICE. YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU DON'T. As for me, I would not touch this company with a stick. Tell your friends about this simple tip, you will save them $60.

Dimitriy
Solon, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2008 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blockbuster-DVD-Rental/Solon-Ohio-44139/Blockbuster-DVD-Rental-Beware-Cancellation-Scam-Online-Nationwide-319022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blockbuster DVD Rental

AUTHOR: Vixengypsy - (U.S.A.)

Funny, but I've been hearing these complaints since last August, about the time BlockHeads decided to raise their online fees & eliminate the unlimited trade-ins!
I highly advise all my customers to avoid BB's online, because of the ongoing billing issues(Sometimes up to 3 months!). I try to help everyone of my customers with any issue, but the online isn't (technically) available to us employees. The best a store employee can do, is to give you an 800 number. I insist on telling the poor, overbilled customers to hound them night & day, send multiple emails... DON'T GIVE IN! BB online was even offering free months of rentals, sometimes offering giftcards... I've yet to hear of an actual account in which the customer received a refund to their credit card!
So, to be on the safe side, just got to netflix. Yeah, their shipping is off by a day, but the billing issues are nearly non-existant!

I never heard a thing

AUTHOR: Power Bot - (U.S.A.)

I work in a Blockbuster store here in Cincinnati. I am not defending my employer, nor would I put down a customer, but this is the first time I have heard of this problem. I know what you are thinking, why would an IN STORE employee be up on all the problems with the ONLINE service. True, the "Total Access" thingy, has little to nothing to do with in store business (other than the people who swap online envelopes for in store movies), but Customers call me all the time thinking I can help them with there online service (or in this case the lack of service). Now I am not saying that this hasn't happend, I am sure it did, but what I am saying is that while the Blockbuster online isn't perfect, this isn't a common problem. HOWEVER, if I start to hear ANY complaints about this I will be back on to say I was wrong.

On an unrelated, yet funny note, this page (at least at the time of my writing) has an ad for Blockbuster Online. Talk about wasting advertising dollars. This is why I got a nickle raise last year.