Complaint Review: Blockbuster Express

• Submitted: Thu, March 10, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 29, 2011

• Reported By: Paul — Rancho Santa Margarita California United States of America
Blockbuster Express
Rancho Santa Margarita, California United States of America

Blockbuster Express Blockbuster Blockbuster Express Kiosk Ripoff -- You could be next!! -- Charged $27.19 for movie returned the next morning. No record of it being returned. Rancho Santa Margarita, California

*Author of original report: Resolved -- Got my refund

I have been renting a few times from a kiosk at my local grocery store.  On this occasion, the movie I wanted was never available ("Social Network").  I called and they sent me to another store where I managed to rent the dvd.  I returned it the very next morning, so that I would not be charged any additional late fees.  When I returned it, I waited until the machine acknowledged that it had been returned.  A month later, an email showed up with an invoice stating that they were billing me an additional $25.00 plus $2.19 tax because they did not have a record of it being returned.  I immediately called the customer service line and explained the situation.  Rather than correcting the error, the company held firm that they would not eliminate the charge because they did not have a record of the dvd being returned.  I looked at the history in Ripoff Report and found that I am not alone.  It seems that there are many in my same situation.  Please do not rent from this company.  This same error could happen to you and they will not correct it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2011 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blockbuster-Express/Rancho-Santa-Margarita-California-92688/Blockbuster-Express-Blockbuster-Blockbuster-Express-Kiosk-Ripoff-You-could-be-next--704908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blockbuster Express

Resolved -- Got my refund

AUTHOR: Paul - (USA)

After writing this complaint, since I got nowhere with Blockbuster Express customer service, I did what I had done successfully with a previous problem with another company:  I contacted the parent corporation.  In this case I found that it is NCR Corporation.  Since this is a fairly large company and on their website they seemed concerned with their reputation.  I simply emailed their customer response person and laid out my story.  (I also let them know that I had filed a dispute with my credit card company).  I got a reply that stated that they were sorry for the inconvenience and were going to credit my account.  I watched carefully for this for the next few days, and sure enough there it was -- a credit for the full amount.  Now I'm not ever going to use their kiosk service again, as I do not want to have this happen to me again.  But at least it turned out to be a fairly happy ending.