Complaint Review: Blockbuster Express

• Submitted: Sat, January 15, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 03, 2011

• Reported By: Laura — Woodstock Georgia United States of America
Blockbuster Express

Blockbuster Express Blockbuster Express Kiosk in Woodstock GA Charged my Debit card $26.50 for a DVD I returned Next day Internet

*Author of original report: Resolved!

I rented a DVD on Dec 14 2010 from the Blockbuster Express Kiosk in Woodstock, Georgia. I returned DVD the next day and should have been charged $1.

My debit card was charged $26.50. I called the 1800 number and they said they had never received DVD. I told them I had received DVD successfully returned mesage on the machine. They searched computer records and said their records showed I had never returned movie and there was nothing I could do. They suggested I email the company and have a tech visit the kiosk to see if movie is there. I emailed company per recommendation and got same response from them that their records showed that I had not returned movie. No Tech visited the machines as I had requested. Since I had such a bad experience I wanted to warn others to be careful from renting from the Blockbuster express Kiosks. I was also overcharged for the DVD Inception and was told on phone they could fix that charge cause there was a system glitch. I have yet to receive refund in my bank account for that.

Here is the emails below from me to Blockbuster:

On Wed, 1/12/11, BlockbusterExpress, Inquiries <ib230024@ncr.com> wrote:

From: BlockbusterExpress, Inquiries <ib230024@ncr.com>
Subject: RE: [Contact] BlockbusterExpress.com - Customer Service
To: "
Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 1:43 PM

Thank you for contacting Blockbuster Express.

After accessing your account I verified the movie that has sold to your accountHarry Potter: Half Blood. This movie was rented on12/14/10and as of today has not reported as returned. A refund will not be rendered on DVDs that have sold to your account. If you returned this to the Rite Aid, you might have returned the dvd to Red Box. If you have any information regarding this rental transaction, please contact our customer service department directly @ 877-300-2128 for assistance.

Best regards,

Postal Code:
301**
Confirmation or Invoice Number:

Last 4 Digits of Credit Card:

Comments:
I rented Harry Potter and the half blood prince on Dec 12 2010. I returned movie on Dec 13. Yesterday I received a return receipt for $26.50. I called customer service and they explained that they never received disc and there is nothing they can do. They said I would have to send an email and request that a tech go to kiosk and see if Disc is there. I either returned disc to the Towne Lake Pkwy location where I rented disc or the Rite Aid Kiosk next door. I need a tech to check both machines. I am very upset at having to pay $26.50 for a disc I returned the next day. Unless this matter is cleared up and my money is returned I will never rent from Blockbuster express and will inform all my friends that this has happened and to be aware from renting from you. I will also post complaints online. Also around the same time as I rented Harry Potter I rented Inception and was incorrectly charged the wrong amount. The customer service dept did correct that. Thank you My phone number is

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2011 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blockbuster-Express/internet/Blockbuster-Express-Blockbuster-Express-Kiosk-in-Woodstock-GA-Charged-my-Debit-card-2650-682961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blockbuster Express

Resolved!

AUTHOR: Laura - (United States of America)

I received a call from Louis at Blockbuster express today and he apologized for my account being mishandled and refunded my money. Also he emailed me 5 free rental codes. I really appreciate Blockbusters resolution and will be using their rental kiosks again.