Complaint Review: Blockbuster Online

• Submitted: Wed, March 04, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 04, 2009

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Blockbuster Online
www.blockbuster.com Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Blockbuster Online Cancelations Seattle Washington

I had been a Blockbusters Online customer for well over a year. When I first started with Blockbusters Online, I was on the 3 at a time package for several months then went to the one at a time package. The reason for the change in package was that I did not feel that they were sending movies back in a timely manner and thought that I might take a chance and hopefully save a little by going to the one at a time.

Well things were ok for a little while then after about 6 weeks into this one at a time package, I notice that the movies were not coming in on a timely manner (like 7-14 day wait). I checked into this and noticed that I had a message that said add more to your queue. Well I had several movies in my Queue that were available and was told to add even more (As if it was my fault). I tried solving the problem through the online web page just to be encountered with even more frustrations- slow moving, intimidating and very user unfriendly. So I decided to cancel my membership. I canceled my membership on Jan.29,2009, knowing that I still had about 15 days until my account will close on Feb. 13- Guess what - No Movies during this time. I was ripped off 15 days of an active account. I went to the local Blockbusters store a day after I cancelled and asked if I will still be credited for the next 15 days. The employee said she wasn't sure but you should be credited for those remaining days. I was also told that I needed to go to Blockbusters Online and not to the employees or managers at the physical store to resolve the problem.

Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2009 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blockbuster-Online/Seattle-Washington-98119/Blockbuster-Online-Cancelations-Seattle-Washington-430683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blockbuster Online