- Report: #375254
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Blockbuster Online
Blockbuster Onlinewww.blockbuster.com Internet U.S.A.
Blockbuster Online Unauthorized Credit Card Charges Internet Illinois
I immediately called them and they let me know there were actually three accounts with my name and my address, another had been charged in September.
They agreed to close the three accounts but refused to issue a credit to my card. They would not answer these questions:
1. If I had truly opened two accounts in August, why hadn't I received anything by mail or e-mail from them?
2. Where exactly did they get my credit card information from? Who are their affiliated?
3. Why wouldn't they be aware it would be suspicious for someone to open three accounts?
4. How did they feel it appropriate to keep my money when agreeing to close the three accounts since they knew they would not be providing any service for the money they kept?
In addition to filing a fraud complaint with my credit card company I immediately filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau.
It's great that the more people who are being inconvenienced by this scam are reporting it, but I REALLY want to know where Blockbuster Online got my personal information from, who sold it to them, and how are they authorized to use it? Why aren't there ramifications to them for unauthorized charges?
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2008 03:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blockbuster-Online/internet/Blockbuster-Online-Unauthorized-Credit-Card-Charges-Internet-Illinois-375254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.