Complaint Review: Blockbuster Video

• Submitted: Mon, April 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2008

• Reported By:Chandler Arizona
Blockbuster Video
1065 E. Riggs Rd Chandler, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 480-883-7515
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Blockbuster Video Keep charging account after cancellation Chandler Arizona

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Same Thing

I frequent our neighborhood Blockbuster video on Riggs Rd and have been a good customer for over 7 years. I usually purchase their "movie pass" monthly rental program. I will rent movies for a month or two, then cancel for a month and renew again for another couple months. There have been a number of times when I cancelled my monthly account only to be charged the next month anyway. This last time, it caused my bank account to be overdrawn and charged a $34.00 fee. I contacted Blockbuster and they admitted screwing up and would refund my rental fee but would not be responsible for my overdraft fee. I countered with asking them to just give me another month's rentals to make up for my loss. The manager refused and said they are not responsible for any overdraft charges I may have incurred. I again told them I dont expect them to give me cash for it, rather just give me a month's rentals to make up for my loss. He would not. Well, that o.k. with me...If the manager is too stupid to realize that he will loose a good customer (and money) for their mistake, then I will take my business elsewhere. About a $500.00 a year loss on their part.

Mark
Chandler, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2008 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blockbuster-Video/Chandler-Arizona-85249/Blockbuster-Video-Keep-charging-account-after-cancellation-Chandler-Arizona-325944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blockbuster Video

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Same Thing

AUTHOR: Pod@blockbuster - (U.S.A.)

I also have been charged for my movie rentals after I have cancelled. It says right on the web site they will not do this. I have called and called and emailed. They said it would take three days to get a refund and it has been weeks now and still nothing.