Complaint Review: Blockbuster Video

• Submitted: Mon, September 10, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 16, 2007

• Reported By:kansas city Missouri
Blockbuster Video
blockbusteronline.com , Internet, Nationwide U.S.A.

Blockbuster Video blockbuster online cheated me Blockbusteronline.com Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Weird

*Consumer Suggestion: Terms of Service?

*Consumer Comment: You were NOT cheated.

I was using the Blockbuster Online Service and they emailed me that they were increasing rates from $17.99 to $24.99 for the service plan I was on.
which was supposed to be getting 3 online at one time and returning them to the store for 3 more in store rentals. I did not want my rates to raise so i did not respond and they imediately shut my service off, I had paid for online service for another 2 weeks. When I wrote them online they offered to give me a week for free to compensate while I decieded which plan i watned.
I decieded that burnt me too bad and I want nothing more to do with blockbuster. Also I spoke with some other people and they did not increase everones rates just people who were frequent users.

kansas city, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2007 02:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blockbuster-Video/Internet-Nationwide/Blockbuster-Video-blockbuster-online-cheated-me-Blockbusteronlinecom-Internet-273562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blockbuster Video

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jennyo - (U.S.A.)

because they told me the same thing, but because I was an 'outstanding customer' as they put it, I was allowed to keep my rates at the $17.00... strange, Id moan more about it. They gave it to me?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Terms of Service?

AUTHOR: Riprop - (U.S.A.)

Seriously, who reads 10 pages of terms of service. That sucks that Blockbuster did that to you. Although they may be allowed to because of their tos, they shouldn't.

I had a similar situation only I was charged a lot more. I searched online and found this post about how you can resolve it and clean things up. Here is that blog post.

Hope it works out!

You were NOT cheated.

AUTHOR: Duane - (U.S.A.)

When you opened up your Blockbuster account, you accepted and agreed to their terms & conditions. There are two paragraphs in those terms that apply here:

1) "Blockbuster initiated Cancellations. Blockbuster may suspend or cancel a BLOCKBUSTER Online membership account, or otherwise restrict your use of BLOCKBUSTER Online, in Blockbuster's sole discretion, with or without cause."

2) "Cancellation or Changes to Program by Blockbuster. Blockbuster may make changes to the BLOCKBUSTER Online service, including, without limitation, any promotional offers and free trials or availability and amount of e-coupons or other in-store free rentals, at any time, and from time to time, without prior notice. In addition, Blockbuster may change the BLOCKBUSTER Online periodic membership fees and the number or composition of permitted rentals from time to time, provided, however, that Blockbuster will give prior notice via e-mail of any change to the periodic membership fees or price or the number or composition of permitted rentals that will adversely affect you. You agree that, unless you cancel your membership prior to the effective date of the change, you will be charged the new applicable BLOCKBUSTER Online periodic membership fee (plus applicable taxes) on each anniversary date after the effective date of such change, and you authorize Blockbuster to charge the new applicable periodic membership fee (plus applicable taxes) to your Payment Method.

Blockbuster reserves the right to suspend or end the BLOCKBUSTER Online service (including, without limitation, ceasing to offer one or all of BLOCKBUSTER Online membership plans, BLOCKBUSTER Total Access, promotional offers or free trials) without prior notice, in Blockbuster's sole discretion. Blockbuster also reserves the right to suspend or end the BLOCKBUSTER Online service or certain aspects thereof such as BLOCKBUSTER Total Access in certain geographic areas without prior notice, in Blockbuster's sole discretion. You agree that membership in BLOCKBUSTER Online does not involve an extension of credit or a retail installment sale since Blockbuster does not impose a finance charge and you may cancel membership at any time. Void where prohibited. "

You should always read terms & conditions - or any contract - in it's entirety before agreeing to it.

Take responsibility for your own actions.