Complaint Review: Blockbuster Videos

• Submitted: Sun, December 16, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, July 30, 2012

• Reported By:Aumsville OR
Blockbuster Videos
498 Lancaster Dr. NE Salem, Oregon U.S.A.

Blockbuster Video -The no-customer service company

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Happens all the time

I was going to send an e-mail to BlockBuster Corp. When I looked for their address, I saw these other examples of BlockBuster rip-off and so am using this report rather than send corporate an e-mail that will be trashed. I too have been in customer service for 25 years and know how a poor reputation can spread.

I was "ticked" a little ago when I went to my closest BlockBuster store this morning to take one dvd back and let them know the other one was defective about half way through. I expected them to exchange the defective and let me pick out another movie for my troubles of driving 21 miles round trip to return and exchange. I am not going to use the name of the counter rep as he probably has policy he has to follow. He did exchange my bad dvd but wouldn't let me have another one to make up for the inconvenience of having to drive another 21 miles in a couple of days to return the exchanged dvd. He said this is company policy.

I for one will not do business with a company who won't even listen to you when you have a legitimate customer service issue. I won't name the employee, but I will say the store I had a problem with is the one at 498 Lancaster Dr. NE, Salem, Oregon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blockbuster-Videos/Salem-Oregon-97303/Blockbuster-Video-The-no-customer-service-company-9378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blockbuster Videos

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Happens all the time

AUTHOR: noizyme - (United States of America)

As a former assistant manager of a BV in CA, I can say I've heard complaints like this from customers all of the time.  While some sob-stories about driving distances may be real, a number of them are made-up, even on the spot by a knowing individual who suggests a credit while smiling or joking around.  That is why the policy is what it is.  If this was a consistent problem causing you to drive numerous times for the same DVD title, then an exception might have been made.  I have given free rental coupons out for this very reason, as well.