Complaint Review: Blockbuster "late" Fees

• Updated: Sun, July 18, 2010

• Reported By: azmom02 — Peoria Arizona United States of America
Blockbuster "late" Fees
11604 w. olive ave Youngtown, Arizona United States of America

Blockbuster "late" Fees Additional Charges when movie was returned ON TIME! Youngtown, Arizona

I rented a movie from a Blockbuster Express machine inside QT in Youngtown, AZ.  The day I rented my movie was Friday 7-16-10 @ 5:55pm.  My movie was due back the next day by 9pm.

I returned the movie at 8:45pm on the due date.  When I opened my email this morning there was a receipt from BBexpress stating that my movie was returned at 9:45pm therefore charging me an additional $1.

I realize that its only $1, but like another complaint stated, how many people in AZ have returned movies on time (AZ Mountain time zone) only to be charged the additional fee incorrectly?  That would surely add up.

Since BBexpress customer service is closed Sundays I sent at email to the service address that was provided on the email receipt i received from them.  The email I sent was returned.

I will be calling them first thing Monday morning.  If my charge is not returned to my account I will dispute the charge with my bank.  I will not be renting with the BBexpress ever again.

Do not rent with these machines!  They will nickel & dime you or more appropriately dollar & dollar you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2010 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blockbuster-late-Fees/Youngtown-Arizona-85363/Blockbuster-late-Fees-Additional-Charges-when-movie-was-returned-ON-TIME-Youngtown-Ar-624397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blockbuster "late" Fees