Complaint Review: Blogads

• Submitted: Wed, March 27, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 27, 2013

• Reported By: Calipublicist — Los Angeles California

Blogads Advertising Scam , Internet

Very simple rip off... I wanted to test working with Blog Ads, and (through their automated system) was offered a "top right" advertisement on a blog of my choice for $40. At no time during the process, does their system actually show you where your ad will end up.  I did look at the blog myself before purchase and in fact there was an advertisement in the top right.  Safe to assume that's where my advertisement would show up?  NO!  My ad was somewhere on the right sidebar in the middle of the page, nowhere near where they said it would show up.

I sent the following email to blogads two days after purchase (the ad ran for 7 days).  Hello when we purchased our ad, it said the ad would be located in the top left.  The ad is somewhere in the mid section of the site, definitely not the top.  Please advise or reimburse.

The response given was as follows:

Hi Marcus,

I apologize for the confusion!  You purchased a "Top Right" ad, and I am
seeing it appear on the right sidebar toward the top of the page.
  In the
future, I would suggest looking at the blog beforehand to see where their
Blogads are placed, so that you know where your's will show up.

Again, I am sorry you are unhappy with your ads placement!  To avoid this for
future purchases, if you would like to work with a sales strategist, let me
know and I can get you in touch with the correct contact

All the best,
Jill Refvem,
Blogads for opinion makers

Since when does "right sidebar toward the top of the page" mean "TOP RIGHT".

Do not do business with these people. I'm glad my mistake only cost me $40.  In the future I will purchase my advertisement directly through the media outlet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2013 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blogads/internet/Blogads-Advertising-Scam-Internet-1038473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blogads