Complaint Review: Bloomingdale's /Macy's

• Submitted: Tue, October 13, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, October 21, 2009

• Reported By: Rob — Teaneck New Jersey USA
Bloomingdale's /Macy's
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/index.ognc?C Internet United States of America

Bloomingdale's - Macy's Bloomingdale's knowingly tried to deliver defective Furniture Internet

*Author of original report: Bloomingdale's

I placed an order for a 3-piece sectional sofa  which was delivered to my house. When the delivery person entered my home he asked what wall was the furniture going to be place on. I said it will be placed 2 feet from the wall. They then brought in each piece and started to unwrap the furniture. As they were taking off the wrapper on the last piece of furniture they said that the "furniture was being shipped to them with a defect". I said what!? You mean to tell me you knew this furniture was defective before you took it off the truck!? I said; "No way"! I told them to leave and take the furniture with them. I then called Bloomingdale's and I spoke with a furniture customer representitive and he told me that the driver did not know of the defect before delivery. I told the rep that he doesn't know what he is talking about because he was not at my house when the conversation took place. Anyway, I now have no furniture in my house, because I threw out my old furniture the day before the delivery. Now they told me that I have to wait 7 weeks for delivery, because a piece was missing. Thanks to them I will have a thanksgiving without any furniture!!!!! I asked for compensation for my troubles and they say they can't compensate me until I accept delivery. I feel I was taken advantage of because based on the delivery men's conversation, Bloomingdale's Furniture MUST have known that the furniture was defective, yet they continued with the delivery process!

Boomingdale's should have just told me that they won't be able to deliver until another 7 weeks. I would NOT have descard my furniture and I would still have furniture in my house.

So all I can say is watch out; Bloomingdale's will try to ship you defective material knowingly and depending on the delivery persons honesty you may get stuck with a broken product!!!

It's a wait and see for now! I told them NOT to ship the same furniture because they took it out of my house, unwrapped and they may have cause further damage to it.

MAN, I'm sooo MAD!! I can't believe it: I have NO furniture!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2009 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bloomingdales-Macys/internet/Bloomingdales-Macys-Bloomingdales-knowingly-tried-to-deliver-defective-Furniture-In-508490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bloomingdale's /Macy's

Bloomingdale's

AUTHOR: Rob - (USA)

Bloomingdale's responded very fast and sent me new furniture within a few days. I have no complaints. Service was excellent and very responsive.