Complaint Review: Bloomspot

• Submitted: Fri, December 09, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: P. — LOS ANGELES California U.S.A.
Bloomspot
345 Ritch St. San Francisco, CA 94107 Internet, California United States of America

Bloomspot Bloomspot Daily Deals There's A Catch To Actually "Using" Their Coupons! Requires Additional Payment! Internet, California

*Author of original report: Satisfied

*UPDATE Employee: Issue resolved to customer satisfaction by Bloomspot

*Author of original report: THEY HAVE "F" RATING WITH BBB

BEWARE:  DON'T BUY FROM BLOOMSPOT - THEY DO NOT DISCLOSE CAVEATS TO COUPONS

I signed up for Bloomspot's Daily Deals.  They had something interesting; $49 tickets to attend the Grammy Nominations Concert with an After-Party.  It also came with a 30 day membership to "The Hollywood Agency."  I thought great.

I read all the fine print about the tickets and didn't see anything alarming.  So I bought 2 tickets. $98.

Next thing you know, I receive an email saying to get the tickets, I have to go to "The Hollywood Agency's" website and register.  Okay, a bit of a hassle and NOT in the fine print, but I did.

Here's where the nightmare starts:  I try to register at the 3rd party website (no mention of this in the fine print) and it requires your CREDIT CARD information.  I said, no way.  Why would I give some 3rd part site my credit card info when I ALREADY PAID for the tickets.

I also discover that you would be enrolled in a monthly membership with "The Hollywood Agency" where they would charge your card every month!  Again, no mention of this in the fine print.

Their site is set up that unless you give them your credit card information, they will not give you the tickets you paid for!  So I recontact Bloomspot, giving them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they didn't know about this.

Their response:  Sorry.  All we can do is give you a credit to use with us in the future.  I demanded a refund, not a credit from a company ropes their clients into memberships they didn't authorize or request.

I demanded a refund multiple times; even stating I would file reports on them.  Their response: They'd give me an additional $12 credit.  I guess their reputation is only worth $12.

My credit card company isn't refunding the charge as they say it was authorized.  They don't give a hoot that I never received the merchandise.  (Citibank).

So I will be taking them to small claims court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2011 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bloomspot/Internet-California-/Bloomspot-Bloomspot-Daily-Deals-Theres-A-Catch-To-Actually-Using-Their-Coupons-Requi-807219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bloomspot

Satisfied

AUTHOR: P. - (U.S.A.)

Yes, they finally gave me a refund after filing a BBB report.  Very surprised that worked as it rarely ever does.

So if you have a dispute with Bloomspot, file a complaint with BBB after you have asked for and been rejected for a refund.

Issue resolved to customer satisfaction by Bloomspot

AUTHOR: Bloomspot - (United States of America)

We are very sorry to hear about Patrice's experience with our Grammy Nominations offer.

We have fully refunded Patrice's order and she will see the funds returned to her original form of payment within three to five business days. Thank you.

THEY HAVE "F" RATING WITH BBB

AUTHOR: P. - (U.S.A.)

I wish I would have checked them out before I purchased.  They have an "F" grade with the BBB.