I signed on with the Blue Book four (4) years ago in an effort to get my company more exposure in the construction industry. I was under the impression that Blue Book was a big name in the industry, so I was willing to fork over the 10 grand a year in advertising fees. My father always taught me, it takes money to make money. In the case of Blue Book, it just took money.
I cannot believe how many problems I ran into with this service. If it were just 1 or 2 issues, I would not bother writing this complaint. Instead, I ran into problem after problem. So I boiled it down to the top 10. I'm writing them down not to hurt anyones feelings, but to protect innocent consumers like myself:
10. Push Sales People. They didn't leave me alone. They show up at your office. They waited in my parking lot. They called me on 3 different numbers. They had multiple sales people show up. The harrassed me.
9. Ineffective Lead Service. The leads simply do not materialize. I'd say most are just bologna in the sense that there is very little grounds to them. It becomes a complete gamble whether or not to invest time.
8. Horrendous Customer Service. There was an instance where 5 phone calls got me 3 hang ups and 2 "I'll call you backs" out of 5 different Customer Support.
7. Inconsistent Service. Despite paying in full, we experienced a premature cut off from service. We paid in full, but it didn't matter.
6. Poor web platform. Blue Book is constantly upgrading their site, but with one underlying theme, poor layout and not a user friendly platform.
5. Poor Leads. Most of the leads were junk. Nearly all went no where. We didn't get one job from them in 4 years.
4. Incompetent Management. I tried so hard to get a hold of someone responsible, with no luck. My patience ran thin after months of poor service and inability to work with management.
3. Overpriced. I spent 10 grand a year for 4 years with no results. My experience with Blue Book was that it was a huge waste of money.
2. Lies. The staff will lie to you. It happened to me twice. I was simply lied to. If I wasn't locked into a contract, I would have quit after the first instance.
1. NO ONE USES THE BLUE BOOK ANYMORE. The whole thing is a mirage. No one uses it. I would bet a lot of money that their ad revenues fall for a while as this service becomes less popular amongst us construction professionals who have to work for our money and not kick back and be useless as is the Blue Book staff.
STAY AWAY. HUGE WASTE.