brick

Complaint Review: Blue Haven Pools - West Palm Beach Deerfield Beach, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, October 21, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, October 21, 2004

• Reported By:Pompano Beach Florida
Blue Haven Pools - West Palm Beach Deerfield Beach, Inc.
2845 North Military Trail, Suite 4, West Palm Beach, Florida, 33409 223 Goolsby Blvd., Florida U.S.A.

Blue Haven Pools West Palm Beach Deerfield Beach, Inc. ripoff, deceptive, shoddy work, poor craftsmanship, missed deadlines, non-completion Florida

I had a contract that indicated completion within 45 days, I was told the pool would be done by Christmas of 2003, & it is still not complete as of October 20th 2004. The sales person was very deceptive, he broke most of the promises & breached the contract to include but not limited to: the completion date, the waterfall/planter area, the electrical work, numerous failed inspections, the shoddy quality & poor craftsmanship. This doesn't even include any future warranty issues I'm sure to have.

The waterfall/planter area was supposed to be all encompassing the middle to back corner, with the edge going under the waters edge. Instead, they dropped five fake rocks in place, & left them unfinished. It cost me a few thousand dollars to have it redone & fixed, plus the original cost of over three thousand. Secondly, I was told that I would have a light switch in my living area to turn on my pool light, the electrician was told by Keith, not to do anything but wire the pump. Third, I was told that the electrician would also run enough electric over to the pool electric panel for my landscape lights. All of which, was never done. On top of all that, I have over 18 cracks on my deck. I was told the cracks were because it took them over a month to cut the expansion joints necessary for settling. I also heard from one of the deck guys that they never put in the fiber additive to the concrete to strengthen the deck, necessary when no wire mesh is used. Most importantly was the Leak. I had to put around 3/4 of an inch of water in the pool per day from February 10th to July 30th before they finally sent someone out who found 3 leaks, by the waterfall, by the tile & a huge one around the light. Since February, I've tried numerous times to get them to finish the job. They failed the final inspections, & I still have pending items on my Punch List. As I indicated above they finally sent the Leak guy out who found the 3 leaks in August, & I was promised again that the remaining items would be resolved within the week.

Sucker
Broward/Palm Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2004 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blue-Haven-Pools-West-Palm-Beach-Deerfield-Beach-Inc/223-Goolsby-Blvd-Florida-33442/Blue-Haven-Pools-West-Palm-Beach-Deerfield-Beach-Inc-ripoff-deceptive-shoddy-work-poo-113961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blue Haven Pools - West Palm Beach Deerfield Beach, Inc.