Complaint Review: Blue Hippo

Blue Hippo
bluelhlippo.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Blue Hippo bad business practice Jacksonville internet

*Consumer Suggestion: The Question is Why They Are Still Here?!

*Consumer Suggestion: Why is Blue Hippo, still up and running?

I was talked into purchasing a computer from Blue Hippo using a bank withdrawal method. When doing some more research I realized how much the computer would actually cost and cancelled the program. As I had never sent into Blue Hippo any paperwork that had an actual signature from me, I did not think there would be too much of a problem.

However, Blue Hippo will not refund any monies and told me that that what I had paid in would be used as a store credit only.

I then tried to purchase something else in which all costs would be covered by the "store credit". Now Blue Hippo tells me that this cannot be done and that the store credit amount can only be used toward the actual cost of the item. I would still need to supply by money order additional money to cover sales tax and shipping. Not only that they tell me that the shipping lead time from Blue Hippo's receipt of the money order is 10 - 13 weeks, which in my opinion is ridiculous.

The time on hold trying to reach customer service is anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and very often they switch you to another 'service representative' and you are on hold even longer and that is if the initial person you speak to can understand the english language.

I now not only question the business ethics of Blue Hippo, I am greatly concerned that I may never receive the actual product.

Pat
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2009 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blue-Hippo/nationwide/Blue-Hippo-bad-business-practice-Jacksonville-internet-446161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blue Hippo

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Robert - BLJudgmentEnforcement.com - (U.S.A.)

I guess we all have to go to the basics. If it sounds too good to be true, then it isn't! Buyer beware!

Let's get down to simple investigation. If you are looking to take part of a deal, company, work-at-home offers, etc. The very first thing you have to do is CHECK THEM OUT! Get all their info (website name, phone #'s, address, legal name, etc.). Don't go into any venture without your amour. If you can not get the required info, then by all means contact me. I only charge $50.00 per investigation. That's a lot less then being taking for thousands.

Now lets answer 'Why They Are Still Here'. Judging by my preliminary findings this company has only been sought after by Federal & State authorities (attorney generals). Compared to the volume of independent Class Action Suits, this is very minor to a company like this.

What needs to be done is a 'Class Action Suit', and many of them, OR every complainant in every state file a complaint with their prospective State Attorney General, or use the US Attorney General. You should do this by letter. Do not go to websites, in most cases your complaint will not be heard, and if so will be many weeks to get a response.

Bottom line is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS check out a company. I can not stress this enough. I had to rapair hundreds of peoples credit in this aspect. My first question is always 'did you check this company out?' The answer was almost always 'NO'.

In this day, and age of the 'Information Highway', I'm very surprized that more people don't use it.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Why is Blue Hippo, still up and running?

AUTHOR: Burned Customer - (U.S.A.)

I am not a victim of this company, but thats all you hear is that this company is taking consumers money and not produceing any product. Its a complete scam, they are criminals, why has the law not caught up with them? I sat and calucated a rough estimate, of how much the so called computer and free gifts are valued at. If you break it down you are really purchasing about $900.00 of junk, and thats giving them the benfit of the doubt. I figured by the monthly payments over time, plus the shipping you are paying about $3,000 for this crap and thats if you even get the product. I had huge money problems and needed a computer for school work, I went to Office max and bought a mini lap top for $300 sure its not the greatest pick, but it work great, gets the job done, and I do not have a huge debt with "blue Hippo"

hide