Complaint Review: Blue Host

• Updated: Fri, January 13, 2012

• Reported By: Daniel — Provo Utah USA
Blue Host
1958 South 950 East Provo, Utah United States of America

Blue Host gave away my personal information leading me to be harassed Provo, Utah

I purchased the extra privacy policy for a domain, Blue Host gave away my personal information. I purchased 5 domains from Blue Host and added the privacy protection plan on each of the 5 accounts, because I wanted to make sure that nobody could figure out that I created the websites.

In October I received an email from Blue Host telling me that they were going to give away my personal information because another party threatened legal action. I spoke with blue host and they told me if I took down the information they would not give away my personal information.

I took down all of the content on the sites which complied with what they asked. Two months later I had posted on an online article using an alias but it referenced one of the sites.

After that I started to receive harassing phone calls. They knew my name and my phone number. They continued to call and harass me until I had to get rid of that phone number. (which I only used with bluehost).

There is no other way this organization would have been able to obtain my name and phone number unless bluehost gave it away. In a follow up article the editor admitted that it was through information from the host provider that they were able to track down my name and phone number.

Giving away my personal information ended up with me being harassed and having to get rid of a phone number, and also put my job on the line. I have emailed blue host about this situation several times and they refuse to do anything about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blue-Host/Provo-Utah-84604/Blue-Host-gave-away-my-personal-information-leading-me-to-be-harassed-Provo-Utah-822408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blue Host