Complaint Review: Blue Shield Of California

• Submitted: Sat, December 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 27, 2008

• Reported By:Long Beach California
Blue Shield Of California
blueshieldca.com Nationwide, California U.S.A.

Blue Shield Of California - COMPLETE RIPOFF! Blue Shield of California - declined my application! Nationwide California

*Consumer Suggestion: Shop around! Blue Shield is NOT your best option in CA!

Blue Shield of California - declined my application!

I applied for insurance with Blue Shield of California for me and my 3 children. I am 39 years old, and we have never had insurance as we never needed it, but it is safe to have this because I can now afford to get insurance. The only time we ever went to the hospital was because I sprained my ankle, and my son had an ingrown toe nail, and i paid for all this out of my pocket.

AND WE GOT DECLINED?

They then sent me a letter not even telling me i was declined, but that i would qualify for guaranteed insurance, but the monthly payment would be $1200 per month.

IS THIS WHAT AMERICA IS ALL ABOUT NOW?

Victim of fraud
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2008 05:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blue-Shield-Of-California/Nationwide-California/Blue-Shield-Of-California-COMPLETE-RIPOFF-Blue-Shield-of-California-declined-my-appli-405208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blue Shield Of California

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Shop around! Blue Shield is NOT your best option in CA!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I suggest you shop around. If you have no prexisting conditions, $1200 is way out of line. Also, lower your deductibles and increase your co-pays to lower your monthly premium. Major medical is all you should get on your kids.

Being realistic, your premium alone could easily be $400 a month, and each kid up to $100. You are looking at $700-$800 a month as a minimum for the 4 of you.

The reason the rates are so high is because of all of the illegals getting FREE care.
That's right. They get it FREE. Just another reason to STOP illegal immigration and the "anchor baby" program we now promote.

Take action if you don't like it.
We need to stand up and be heard.