Complaint Review: Blue Tax | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Blue Tax assists taxpayers with liabilities over 10k, audits, taxpayer hasn’t filed a long overdue tax return. Blue Tax specializes in Estate, Gift Planning issues, parole, bookkeeping – Full service Tax solutions. Blue Tax's goal is providing clients the best quality, value, & professional tax solutions in the industry.

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2014

• Reported By: pursuit of truth against Blue Tax — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Blue Tax, Inc
3440 Wilshire Blvd STE 1100 Los Angeles, California United States of America

BLUE TAX TAX REVIEW: Blue Tax clients, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Blue Tax. Blue Tax's goal is providing clients the best quality, value, & professional tax solutions in the industry. Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction & confidence when doing business. Boston, Hartford, Stamford, Washington, D.C., Massachusetts
*UPDATE: Blue Tax recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Blue Tax for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Blue Tax have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Blue Tax listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services. Blue Tax recognizes that having tax issues and going through the IRS's regiment for resolution and settlement is debilitating, so they are committed to giving clients the quickest and most effective tax solution allowed by law. [continued below]....

Blue Tax's principal, Mr. Todd Lewis, has informed us that his personal philosophy is that clients always come first. As the company's head, Mr. Lewis views complaints as they are perceived in the restaurant industry. He believes the philosophy that sees complaints as gifts is critical to any business. "So much can be learned from a complaint. Complaints point out weakness and inefficiency" says Lewis "One complaint can change a company philosophy and procedure for good. As long as the company commits to the change, complaints can almost be eliminated entirely." Mr. Lewis believes by always putting his clients first, Blue Tax will continue to be the largest and most respected Tax Solution company in the country both now and for many years to come.

Another top executive of the company told us that Blue Tax's business philosophy is based on the premise that "In an industry of uncertainty and over promising, Blue Tax strives to be the white knight. We want to look out for our client's best interests and not misleading them by promises and unrealistic hopes." . Blue Tax's mission statement says it all: "Our goal is to provide our clients the best quality, value and professional tax solutions in the industry.” One of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its review is that typical customer feedback reads: “Blue Tax (and Mr. Lewis) truly communicate all aspects of a client's case in a timely and effective manner. They respond to complaints and concerns quickly. We find it astonishing and brave that Mr. Lewis is so dedicated to his clients that he offers his personal email for anyone to contact him. He does this knowing he will be bombarded with solicitations but will endure for the sake of an unhappy client. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises.”

Blue Tax prides themselves on delivering an effective tax solution to their clients and strives to be successful in a business industry that has been in its infant stage over the past 20 years. Learning from other tax business failures, Blue Tax feels they have created an effective business model for tax solutions. “Our goal is to be the ‘white knight’ and provide better solutions to a realistic problem for our clients,” states Todd Lewis, Vice President of Blue Tax.

Blue Tax is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Todd Lewis during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Blue Tax.

Blue Tax / Who they are and their sales process

Covering a wide range of services, Blue Tax reaches out to customers through nearly every medium: radio, television, the internet, word of mouth as well as referral. They feel they can provide unique and customized service to customers who have had difficulty finding help from other companies due to their particular situation. With an in-house bookkeeping department as well as a tax prep department, Blue Tax is able to serve their customers’ needs regarding business income tax debt, sales tax debt, cigarette tax debt, and drug tax debt as well as assisting those who need estate and gift planning resolution and/or to be in compliance on a yearly basis. “Blue Tax's infrastructure is built to expedite a client’s case, as long as the client provides the required information and documentation on time,” states Mr. Lewis. A typical client can expect a 3-to-6 month duration, assuming the client is responsive in returning the requested documentation. Each client is assigned an Account Manager, who strives to be accessible to the client at any given time and serves as a liaison between the client and Blue Tax’s tax attorneys.

Blue Tax’s sales process begins with inbound calls from potential customers inquiring about their services. Blue Tax provides the potential client with all requested information and outlines the requirements for the client. Blue Tax then proceeds with an initial interview with the potential client, which takes approximately 1 to 2 hours, during which time the client is asked a range of questions regarding their income, assets and bank accounts, so Blue Tax is able to represent the client effectively. Upon being hired, Blue Tax strives to provide their client with immediate protection and representation, preparation of financial and settlement tax documents, and a stop to collection actions that may be occurring.

Blue Tax / Customer Care improvements

Since receiving complaints through Ripoff Report, Blue Tax has taken action to investigate and discuss every client complaint, looking to address the issue with the client and rectify the situation. They feel swift and thorough action at the time of the complaint is the best solution and work on dissecting the case to address it accordingly. Upon receiving the complaint, Blue Tax holds a managers’ meeting to review the complaint, the client account, and to determine whether the complaint was an isolated incident or a recurring issue. Throughout their investigation, Blue Tax works to determine the best solution, whether that involves disciplining an employee, or working with the client on reasonable expectations. Blue Tax reviews the processes and procedures that are in place at the time of the complaint to determine if improvements can be made in that area, as well. They then continue to follow up and monitor the situation, ensuring that the problem does not return.

In one particular instance, Blue Tax had a client whom they were helping with a $25,000 debt settlement with the IRS. Initially, the client felt that, for the fee he was paying, he could settle the debt with the IRS himself. “Every time a client requests a refund, I, Todd Lewis, the Vice President of Blue Tax, personally get on the phone and talk to the client,” states Mr. Lewis. In this particular situation, Mr. Lewis explained the importance of a payment plan to his client and the fact that the payment plan needed to reflect good faith with the IRS in order to waive penalties. Through his efforts to explain the situation to the client and work with the client toward the best solution, Blue Tax was able to work out a payment plan between the client and the IRS over the following five months, to the client’s full satisfaction.

The most common complaint Blue Tax receives from their customers regards document submission. Throughout the tax service process, Blue Tax is required to provide a range of documents to the IRS, and this sometimes involves resubmitting the same documents multiple times, all in an effort to settle the tax payer’s account. If the documentation is not provided to the IRS by a given due date, the process is delayed and may take longer that initially expected. Blue Tax feels often times this situation can be avoided if they work with their clients on submitting the required documentation on time, which also requires the client to turn the appropriate paperwork in to Blue Tax in a timely manner. Blue Tax strives to have a completely open communication policy with their clients, keeping them updated on the status of their account with the IRS on a regular basis.

Blue Tax employs a set of internal processes and procedures, which they feel allow them to better serve their customers. They adhere to a two-week communication rule, which states that the account manager assigned to the case follows up with the client every two weeks, to ensure that the client is informed and updated on any progress that has occurred in the case. The account manager follows a set standard procedure, which assists them in managing and collecting information on any new clients that hire Blue Tax to represent them. Additionally, Blue Tax also utilizes an internal database to track due dates, appointments, and reminders, to ensure that the case progresses in a timely and efficient manner.

Blue Tax is eager for the opportunity to work with Ripoff Report to mitigate customer complaints. They feel Ripoff Report serves as an arbitrator between the client and the business, treating the situation fairly and allowing the business to respond to complaints and remedy the situation with the customer. Blue Tax works to provide satisfactory services to their clients and Mr. Lewis takes it upon himself to reach out personally to clients to ensure their needs are being met. “We believe in the harmony of real expectations and performance and the execution of those set services,” states Mr. Lewis. In response to the complaints against them through Ripoff Report, Blue Tax has reviewed their policies and made changes as necessary. They value feedback from their clients and staff and they strive to provide their client with realistic expectations, while keeping the lines of communication open. Blue Tax employs the use of a contract when entering into business with a client, and in this contract they disclose their refund policy and other pertinent information. “We provide realistic expectations for every client and we are constantly training and educating our staff in tax codes and positive industry trends,” states Mr. Lewis.

Blue Tax / Resolution Team

Blue Tax’s resolution team has expressed that they make it their own philosophy to make sure their clients are always in the know. Blue Tax recently created a new position of Client Satisfaction Manager.

"What we recognized about our clients is, it is important to always communicate with our clients. Some more than others determining their stress levels. Often times we will be waiting on the IRS and we will call a client just to tell them we have no update. Its the uncertainty that troubles are clients. We want to make sure that even if we don't have something to report, we let our client's know our fingers are on the pulse. I have seen Blue Tax Management take personal interest in the system design and component selection for the client. With over 50 years combined experience in tax solutions and because our systems and operations are mimicked so often, we know we are at the forefront of the industry. It always gives me great pleasure to go back to the client a year after we settled out the case and hear them say they never though they would get through it but are so glad they did.” ~ Client Satisfaction Manager

Blue Tax takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this: "Blue Tax provides a very positive environment to work. Opportunities for suggestions and improvements are encouraged. Blue Tax Management is truly concerned about our contribution to the company and providing growth opportunities for us. They take the time to listen and communicate with employees and clients." Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that Blue Tax past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

Blue Tax / Stated Improvements and Testimonial

Blue Tax recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s review, Blue Tax has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience. Nothing can be more of a sign of this commitment when a client gives a testimonial like the one below.

LOS ANGELES, CA, August 3, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- John (Walnut Creek, CA) came to Blue Tax for failure to comply with outstanding IRS taxes owed. He owed taxes for 2007-2008 and had also filed bankruptcy for those years. Once the bankruptcy was discharged, the IRS started collections against John again. Blue Tax’s challenge was to ensure that John did not get collected on and to establish a resolution.

John’s case was complicated. After completing the financials for him, it was then determined that he was good applicant for Currently Non-Collectible status (CNC). What made this case complicated was that he had a lot of medical expenses that needed to be substantiated. The IRS did not allow very many of John’s expenses. Blue Tax was able to explain to the IRS that John was in a hardship position due to his many medical conditions requiring him to pay outrageous expenses just to survive. After substantiating his medical conditions, the IRS accepted Blue Tax’s application for John’s CNC status.

At the end, the experts at Blue Tax satisfied all of the client’s needs while going above and beyond to secure a favorable outcome for him. John was so extremely grateful to Blue Tax, that he submitted this trust link on TrustLink.org:

“I wanted to express my appreciation for Sean and Jimmy at Blue Tax. They did a great job for me with the IRS, and helped to solve a fairly serious problem. Good communication, very conscientious, just first rate service. Thanks, guys.”

For more information about Blue Tax and its ability to help taxpayers resolve their tax problems, please visit www.BlueTax.com or call (888) 491-4044 for a free confidential consultation.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Blue Tax, Ripoff Report is convinced that Blue Tax is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

Blue Tax, Inc Tax Relief? Tax Help? Tax Consultants? Los Angeles, California

If you are a victim of Blue Tax, Inc you are not alone. You might have hired them by their trusted rating of A-, status granted  by the Los Angeles BBB. You might have seen all of the great reviews on www.trustlink.org and ditto for the applause on 24-7 press release. I believe the VP of Blue Tax controls the contents released to the public on both of these sites, using this as a lure to steal your money.

I hired Blue tax THREE years ago and still NOTHING done by them, except steal my Money and close my case,(see below) I asked them to put me on paperwork and they promised by a certain date,and failed. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they sent me false paperwork that they really hadn't secured with the IRS, . Spoke with the IRS agent today,verified that they had no paperwork or contact with Blue Tax, and performed Blue taxes Obligation myself. Although Blue Tax claims that they put me on the paperwork as requested on 7/30/12 the IRS advised that they did NOT get confirmation on  this paperwork, period., and I completed this task via telephone with them personally (another job Blue Tax was required to perform on my account). Blue Tax, again, has lied about taking care of the job to which they said that they will do, in order to "TRICK" me to remove my complaint with the BBB In the meantime my phone is being blown up by TL, VP of Blue Tax, demanding and threatening me to remove my complaint against the company with the BBB.The VP of Blue Tax  called me this morning. He said that I "socked him in the eye" and "launched a missle" by  filing a complaint with the BBB. I advised that he did the same to me, and if they would do their jobs I wouldn't have to take these measures. He opened up the phone call with saying are you  (name close to mine)  or something like this. I said yes... he said You threatened my agent that you would kill our children. And I see you also recently had a death of a child. I said I've never had a child, the "kill your children statement" is not even part of my lexicon, and its par for the course that you don't even have the correct file in front of you (3 years of "whats new here???.) (finally he found my file after that) But you see, other people apparently do not agree with your "A" rating either) (pay to get A  ?)He said "You are talking to the "VICE PRESIDENT" ! I said "YOU ARE TALKING to the CONSUMER!  He said he would not "lift a finger" until I removed my complaint to the Los Angeles BBB.  I knew he lied about filing with the IRS so I asked him this:As promised from you, I want the IRS agents name and ID number to which confirmed that I am PLACED on CNC Status.You promised via telephone to produce  this information . As you said it would be included with the CNC document sent to me via email, but again, it was not. We will talk after I obtain this information, to which you promised.
The following is his response, (this kind of mentality is what you constantly deal with regarding this egregious company:)
TL VP of Blue tax responded by saying:
That there was no such promise.  He expressed that my fabrication of events and deceit continue to cloud my judgement of events and time lines.He expressed that I lied to us about being married and about the piece of property He expressed  Blue Tax will no longer be held hostage to  lies, bi polar personality, and verbal assaults laced with blasphemy and profanity. He said I  may want to seek a small animal or child to whom may be defenseless against your attacks to pick on, but Blue Tax will no longer take your abuse. Then he stated that he closed my case and stated  that No refund will be issued.
 He closed by stating to me that he  knows that I mentioned that you don't believe in god,( false)  but as a god fearing company, we pray for your soul. It may be time to seek him and turn your life around
  What an embarrassment to the State of California to allow this kind of "business" to continue to operate in their fine State.
See article posted by the getout ofdebt guy and the results of his investigation on this company.View the comments.View the victims.View all of the complaints on this site. Now view the comments on www.trustlink.org. Who controls that site?
Blue Tax Review. Hiding From Public. But Why? | Get Out of Debt Guygetoutofdebt.org/29656/blue-tax-review-hiding-from-public-but-why
Notes: Over and over again you will view numerous accounts of deception and fraud produced by this entity.Customers pay ample amounts to this company, and Blue Tax, Inc steals their money and closes their account without resolution.This is a criminal act... produced over and over again. If litigation papers are to be served, I verified with their Landlord Central Plaza,LLC  AKA Jameson Properties Co IInc  (213-487-3770) that Blue Tax, Inc does indeed run their "business" out of 3440 Wilshire Blvd., although results of previous investigations yielded that  much of their corporate paperwork seems to come back to an Edgardo Lopez, Bankruptcy Attorney at 3600 Wilshire Blvd. Shady, to say the least.
In my experience,their Entity number comes up as not found. It is time to investigate if their so called Tax Attorneys are registered with the State Bar California, due to some disgruntled past Blue Tax employees expressing that their so called Tax Attorneys are not qualified.
It is said that when you call their number for help, it is just a Call Center.
It is said that no individual is allowed to come into their office, again shady, to say the least.
 To TL VP of Blue Tax
I have asked your company not to have you contact me due to your unprofessionalism. You have not called me four times. You have attempted to bombard my phone with your calls, which are only continual rantings, along with personal jabs, to which I find harassing. Currently, you do not have the opportunity to conduct yourself in this manner on my voicemail, as I have had it turned off, to alleviate myself from your harassment. ... but now , after speaking with the IRS, I see there is attempted deception put into play concerning my account, in addition all of the above concerning your psyche.
 We were not married at the (LONG) time ago that I employed your company, although you insist that I was.
You , personally, are not to contact me or any person in relation to me via telephone. ...   I contacted the IRS, the paperwork that you sent me is a complete lie.. I personally took care of the job with The IRS to which you said was put IN PLACE on the 30th of July, by your company, which in reality... was not.   I am entitled to a  full refund from your company for noncompliance to the services to which you advertise, which to date have remained services not rendered. My complaint to the BBB justly stands, after notification from the IRS that you have not fulfilled  your duties, although you claimed differently, which I see is an outright lie to me, the client .

Blue Tax is a fraudulent, irresponsible company which will lie to you for years and years. They never perform the duties to which they describe what they will do in regards to tax relief, and in the end if you are suckered into their bogus "A" rating by the BBB, you will eventually be in litigation for noncompliance to their advertised bull, seeking punitive damages and so on and so forth.If they do send something to the IRS on your behalf, they send it to a IRS service center out in "Hicksville"to which has to forward it to the appropriate office to further delay any resolution, all the while keeping you at bay from complaints until you come to the realization of what is really going on with your account. File a complaint with the FTC, and sue them. Businesses like this need to be barred from this country. If you are a VICTIM of Blue Tax it is time that you file an extensive report of your dealings with them to the Los Angeles BBB and make sure their rating goes to what it should be  "C' for Criminals or "F " for Fraudulent Failures. File a complaint with the AG.Post your experience.  Do your part..... and save people from this pathetic outfit and bratty VP.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2012 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blue-Tax-Inc/Los-Angeles-California-90010/Blue-Tax-Inc-Tax-Relief-Tax-Help-Tax-Consultants-Los-Angeles-California-926942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blue Tax, Inc

FTC Investigation

AUTHOR: pursuit of truth against Blue Tax - ()

FTC-The Public demands that you delve into the "investigation" that you telephoned me about instead of putting it off and ignoring the abundence of complaints regarding  Blue TAX and Todd Lewis. This company should not be in exsistence. Look at all of the complaints that the California Attny Generals Office has obtained concerning this corrupt company. What does the California Attny Generals Office do about it?? Continue to let Todd Lewis be an embarrassment to their State.   It is time to take action, and shut them down.

#2 General Comment

"Blue Tax", "Bluetax", "todd lewis", "firefinancial", "fire financial"

AUTHOR: urbas fraud - ()

Don't fall prey to the new company brought to you by the wonderful Todd Lewis and Justin Urbas [Of the quickly declining Blue Tax scam]

You'll notice the similar childish animated poorly designed website FireFinancial.com that immediately reminds you of bluetax.com

They're not even trying to hide the relation, if you look at public WHOIS records of firefinancial, it's registered to Blue Tax VP Todd Lewis, and blue tax mailing address:

Registry Registrant ID:

Registrant Name: Todd Lewis

Registrant Organization:

Registrant Street: 8236 Remmet Ave.

Registrant City: Canoga Park

Registrant State/Province: California

Registrant Postal Code: 91304

Registrant Country: United States

Registrant Phone: 3103392867

In case you didn't know, Todd Lewis is the malicious, degrading, demeaning vp of Blue Tax that will tell you that you are going to hell, or must prey on little animals.

He'll promise you the world on the phone, or if he does agree to a refund check, it will bounce, because Blue Tax doesn't have any new money. That's why their starting "Fire Financial" out of the same office. You'll see the domain is only 2 months old, so any claims of 'prior customers' or 'prior performance' are complete FRAUD.

Blue tax's owner, David "justin" urbas has personally had liens filed on him by the state and IRS back in 04, AND he was ordered to pay a 1.3million restitution judgement in 06.

HIs company, blue tax/blue tax consulting corp has CA EDD employment tax liens for all quarters of 2012/2013. Can't even pay his own taxes, probably shouldn't handle other peoples tax problems
he is starting to operate the company under his wife's name, as well:corporationwiki.com/California/Los-Angeles/angelica-urbas/107770662.aspx
all information in this email is from public records search:losangeles.netronline.com/la-index.php search for justin urbas and blue tax and select option "search by grantor"
Number Date Type Grantors Grantees

Corporate BBB fired the LAX BBB

AUTHOR: pfft - ()

The Corporate BBB expelled the Los Angeles BBBs rights to operate under the BBB name, as they were not upholding the BBBs standards to the public.  (Example: an A rating for Blue Tax, Inc after tons of complaints on this fraudulent criminal company and gleefully clearing them of all complaints and upholding their "A" for a*s rating. ) The scorned LA BBB now hides sheepishly under "business consumer alliance" after their wrong doings and public misleadings (making one ponder if that they received kick backs for their gold stars to criminal companies such as Blue Tax, Inc.

AUTHOR: pursuit of truth against Blue Tax - ()

It is time for a Class action Lawsuit against Blue Tax people! Lets go!

Blue Tax is a con

AUTHOR: Jim Ryan - ()

Blue Tax takes your money and then lies. Todd Lewis is nothing more than a bully. He and his minions ask for a large deposit and then sits back. I advise anyone to use another service. Their BBB rating is a joke. Their number is 310-339-6827.

Their "A" rating from the BBB

AUTHOR: pursuit of truth against Blue Tax - (United States of America)

and we all know what their "A" rating stands for with the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau!