• Report: #422036

• Submitted: Mon, February 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:Yakima Washington
Blue Yellow Book
20533 Biscayne Blvd Suite # 635 Aventura, Florida U.S.A.

Blue Yellow Book Big Time Scam Artists! Aventura Florida

Blue Yellow Book has been harrassing our company for about two months now. My first call, December 2008, was very confusing. A woman called wanting to verify our online listing. I had no prior knowledge of this listing and told her so and asked her to please take our name off their calling list. She explained this listing was for 2008, and needed to renew for 2009. I asked how much the listing was, she replied $698 but remember, it was good for two years and we were up to renew in 2010.

I reiterated we do not want this listing, did not authorize this listing and to please cancel. She said she had our President & CEO's voice authorization for this and I asked for it. This is not our business practice and that we never give authorization for anything unless in writing. She could not provide it.

I firmly stated I wished to cancel and was not going to pay $698. She said I had to go through verification and then cancellation. I was flipped back and forth several times between two people because I kept having questions. In the end they said they needed to send me an invoice and then I could cancel.

I received the invoice January 23, 2009. I called the phone number on the invoice and tried to cancel. Then I get the run around again. Have to go through verification, then get your invoice, and then a cancellation number. After several heated minutes, I finally just hung up. They called back several times, and I warned everyone in our office to ignore the phone call.

Today, February 9, 2009, I received a call from a gentleman ready to do the same thing again. I got into a heated discussion with him and asked for a manager but he would not transfer me. Finally I told him I wanted a cancellation invoice within 5 business days or I was going to refer to legal counsel. I also stated he better not refer us to collection for the $698.

I hope you do not have to go through this. It's harrassing, a waste of everyone's time, and worth the 700 bucks to go to legal if they do not stop the calls.

Yakima Valley Visitors & Convention Bureau
Yakima, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2009 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blue-Yellow-Book/Aventura-Florida-33180/Blue-Yellow-Book-Big-Time-Scam-Artists-Aventura-Florida-422036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blue Yellow Book