Complaint Review: BlueBird American Express

• Submitted: Tue, December 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By: Linda — Indianapolis Indiana United States of America
BlueBird American Express

BlueBird American Express Bluebird, Blue Bird, American Express, Amex Money removed from my account , Internet

*Consumer Comment: They did the same thing to me !

I deposited $720.00 into my prepaid BlueBird by American Express debit card.   I went to the walmart ATM with MoneyPass to withdraw money.  Per American Express, I can debit up to $500.00 from an ATM.  I first withdrew $300.00, it attempted to charge $301.50 (the $1.50 fee was from the ATM which Amaerican Express waived automatically) so only $300.00 came out of my bluebird account.  I then attempted to withdraw $200.00 which attempted to withdraw $201.50 and declined my request.  I figured this was the cause of my issue and stuck with the $300.00.  Later I reviewed my online statment and it shows that I withdrew the $300.00 and the $200.00.   I called customer service and was told that the money was withdrawn and that an investigation would take place.   I have yet to hear from ANYONE regarding this matter!  I called American Express to confirm the "investigation" had been established.  I was advised that it was.  The issue took place on 12/21, it is now 12/25 (Christmas Day); No response from American Express!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2012 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BlueBird-American-Express/internet/BlueBird-American-Express-Bluebird-Blue-Bird-American-Express-Amex-Money-removed-from-m-986815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BlueBird American Express

They did the same thing to me !

AUTHOR: DustinF860 - (United States of America)

Same story here sounds like a common practice with them.

I went to withdrawl 500$ with the atm fees it tried to take out 503$ so the transaction was declined at the ATM. I came home to find it debited my account 503 plus the 2 fee they charge. Customer service is absolutely HORRIBLE. They kept telling me "Im Sorry sir it looks like it went through fine on our end " So I reminded them of the 500$ and the woman goes "Oh yes your right"

I had to file a dispute and was told it takes 6-8 WEEKS!!! If you read the fine print on the website it says while they investigate your dispute they will put the disputed funds back available within 10 business days. She also said someone from Bluebird would contact me when the funds were back in my account. So far nothing. This happened on 12/26

They are playing with peoples money... I can't wait to cancel this card