Complaint Review: BlueCross BlueShield Of South Carolina

• Submitted: Thu, February 26, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 26, 2009

• Reported By:Pickens South Carolina
BlueCross BlueShield Of South Carolina
I 20 At Alpine Rd Ax 210 Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

BlueCross BlueShield Of South Carolina BlueCross BlueShield Dental only paid 37% of a claim that was suppose to be 100% covered Columbia South Carolina

I went to the dentist for preventative care (xrays, cleaning, exam) and in the BlueCross handbook it stated it paid 100% for those services. I called to ask Bluecross and they confirmed this to be true, and I also asked if I had to go to a network provider, and the agent said there weren't any network dentists, and I could go anywhere.

So I had a booklet stating 100% would be covered and a verbal agreement that 100% would be covered. About a week after I went to the dentist I received a bill from the dentist and it stated that the insurance had only paid 37% of my claim.

This is what BlueCross paid $21 on a $73 exam, $31 on a $75 cleaning, $40 on a $93 full mouth x-ray, and $12 on a $38 bite-wing x-ray. Leaving me to pay $175 on a $279 bill, which I thought would be 100% covered.

I am angry because I checked the booklet and with the agent, and thought I was safely covered. In today's economy people can't afford suprises, and that is why I am filing this complaint as a warning for others.

Do Not Get BlueCross BlueShield Dental Insurance!

Ripped off customer
Pickens, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BlueCross-BlueShield-Of-South-Carolina/Columbia-South-Carolina-29219/BlueCross-BlueShield-Of-South-Carolina-BlueCross-BlueShield-Dental-only-paid-37-of-a-clai-428642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BlueCross BlueShield Of South Carolina