Complaint Review: BlueGreen Resorts

4960 Conference Way N., Ste 100 Boca Raton, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 800-567-5877
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

BlueGreen Resorts Big Cedar Lodge, Bass Pro Shop, Stock Symbol: BXG, BlueGreen Corporation Bait and Switch. Presentation for Stays at Big Cedar Lodge or other resort. Actual accomadations are a local hotel with avg rating for same price you can book online. Boca Raton, Florida

While on a trip to Bass Pro Shop, my family received a video presentation, brochure, pricing for lodge cottage accomadations and other materials for a Big Cedar Lodge vacation in Branson, MO.  When we booked our reservation for the price quoted in presentation, we received email confirmation for a booking at the Radisson Hotel!  Average rating, standard room.

When I checked the pricing for Radisson online - my "special pricing" was only 3 dollars less than I could book it myself!  I called Blue Green resorts and was told by customer service that "we never mentioned Big Cedar Lodge when we did your booking."  Guess what?  They also never mentioned any deviation from the presentation and they NEVER mentioned the Radisson Hotel.

Classic Bait and Switch.  And I fell for it.  I should know better, but it was hidden under the guise of Bass Pro Shops - a trusted name.  What a shame.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BlueGreen-Resorts/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/BlueGreen-Resorts-Big-Cedar-Lodge-Bass-Pro-Shop-Stock-Symbol-BXG-BlueGreen-Corporation-847587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BlueGreen Resorts