racial

BlueGreen Resorts
4960 Conference Way North Suite 100 Internet United States of America

BlueGreen Resorts Maintenance Fees/Availability Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: How to get help with timeshares

We were vacationing in Virginia in 2005, and went to a presentation put on by BlueGreen.
We signed up for a membership, were given 24 hours to decide to accept or reject it.
We accepted; big mistake on our part.  We paid the entire membership fee over a period of years;
fully paid.
Our point system gave us 400 point/year for a two year period, giving us a total of
800 points after the second year.  What we DIDN'T know was that the entire 800 points disappeared at the end of October, then 400 points were given back on the first of November.  Thus, with a
maximum of 800 points, available for apparently only one day, we could never accumulate enough
points with which to make a reservation at any of the BlueGreen resorts, which went for between
1200 - 1600 points a pop.

Since we could never make a reservation for a vacation, and NOONE was available to even speak
with, we ceased paying our maintenance fees.  We now have c. $3000 of those fees built up,
and our account has been turned over to a recovery company, Pinnacle Management, who calls
us on the basis of two or three times a week, by a robotic phone message.  When I have tried to
talk directly with a Blue Green representative, I get no help, except their willingness to reduce our debt by eliminating our late fees, leaving us a balance of c. $2000.
When I asked what happens when I die, they verbally told me they would go after my wife, and if she dies, they will go after my children!  I consider this harassment.  I should add that I have a terminal illness, am 75 years old, and crippled.

I don't know where else to turn.  Please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BlueGreen-Resorts/internet/BlueGreen-Resorts-Maintenance-FeesAvailability-Internet-997811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BlueGreen Resorts

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How to get help with timeshares

AUTHOR: JudyS - ()

I suggest you go to the Timeshare Users Group at www.tug2  The forums there have hundreds of timeshare owners who can help you with your timeshare.

Most of the people at the Timeshare Users Group are happy with their timeshares and many are happy Bluegreen owners (including me). So, the folks at the Timeshare Users Group may not respond well if you start off by criticizing Bluegreen or timeshares in general. Instead, it is best just to describe your situation and ask what to do.

When you talk about "unpaid fees" I do not know if you mean installments payments on the original purchase, or annual fees (for taxes, utilities, etc) for maintenance of your timeshare.

If by unpaid fees you mean installment payments on the original purchase price, most timeshare loans are unsecured loans and you can walk away, but you will take a hit to your credit rating. Since you are 75 years old and in poor health, you may not care about your credit rating. However, if your spouse and/or children signed the loan agreement, their credit ratings will take a hit, too.

If by unpaid fees you mean annual fees for maintenance of your timeshare, then your spouse and children will be legally responsible for these fees IF they are listed on the deed.  If your spouse
and children don't want the timeshare, then it is a relatively simple matter to re-deed the timeshare so that it is in your name only. Ask on TUG for help on doing this.

I don't think Bluegreen has any timeshare contracts for 400 points a year. You might mean 4000 points a year.  When you go to TUG, be sure to have your Bluegreen statement handy so you know exactly what you own.

Best wishes for your health and a resolution to this timeshare problem.